Alex Marquez is a Spanish professional road racer currently competing in Grand Prix motorcycle racing. He has a smooth riding style, which differs from his Brother Marc Marquez’s aggressive style.
In 2014, Alex Marquez won Moto3 championship. The same year Marc Marquez won the MotoGP championship, making them the first pair of brothers to win world titles in motorcycle racing in the same year.
In 2019, the Marquez brothers again won the championships in the same year. Alex won the Moto2 championship and Marc won the MotoGP championship. In the 2020 season, Alex was signed by Repsol Honda Team with his teammate being his brother Marc. In the 2021 season, he joined the LCR Honda Castrol team.
Alex Marquez: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Alex Marquez Alentà|
|Date of Birth||23 April 1996|
|Birth Place||Cervera, Spain|
|Father’s Name||Julià Marquez|
|Mother’s Name||Roser Alentà|
|Brother name||Marc Marquez|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches / 179 cm|
|Weight||68 kg (150lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Under review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Active Years||2012-2014 (Moto3)
|Bike Name||Honda RC213V|
|Current Team/Manufacturers||LCR Honda Castrol|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Racing, advertisements, and sponsorships|
|Last Updated||March 2022|
Alex Marquez was born on 23 April 1996 in Cervera, the capital of the comarca of Segarra, in the province of Lleida, the Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain. His father, Julià Marquez, worked as volunteers members of a local racing club known as Moto Club Serge. His mother, Roser Alentà’s work life is unknown, but she also volunteered in the local race club.
Alex Marquez has an older brother named Marc Marquez. Marc is also a Spanish professional road racer, who competes in Grand Prix motorcycle racing. Marc Marquez is considered one of the greatest road racers of all time. He has eight world titles, with six in the MotoGP class. As Marc grew up with bikes learning from his father, Alex was motivated and directed by his brother to become a professional racer.
Alex Marquez Age, Height, Weight
Alex Marquez was born on 23 April 1996 in Cervera, Spain. He is 25 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Taurus. He is a smooth and controlled rider with 5 feet 10 inches (179 cm) and weighs around 68 kg. His is of the Christian religion.
His eyes and hair are dark browns. Alex shoe size and body measurements are under review at the moment.
Who is Alex Marquez Girlfriend?
Alex Marquez’s personal life is not properly known as he is a private kind of person and is truly focused on his career. Alex is currently single. However, Marquez might be in a relationship but the information is not available at the moment.
Some report suggests that he was at least in one relationship in the past. However, we cannot conclude about his personal life due to little information. More details about his personal life will be updated as soon as possible.
Alex Marquez Charity Work
Alex Marquez is involved in various charity works. In the 2020 MotoGP World Championship, Alex and his brother auctioned their helmets with other items and gave the entire fundraise to Red Cross Respond Program.
He also helped Marc promote an initiative called laps for life 93 with Allianz Seguros. This project helps to improve the lives of people through associations and charities.
Alex Marquez Helmet
Alex Marquez uses Shoei X-14 helmet in 2021. On the back of the helmet is a blue 73, the majority of the color in the helmet is also blue. “AM” is written on the top of his helmet in blue.
Alex Marquez Bike
Alex Marquez currently uses the Honda RC213V, which is a Japanese motorcycle developed for road racing by Honda.
He rode KTM with Estrella Galicia’s 0,0 team and Kalex with EG 0,0 Marc VDS during his past seasons.
Alex Marquez Bike Manufacturer / Team
Alex Marquez joined the Repsol Honda team in MotoGP for the 2020 season. After the 2020 season, he was dropped from the team and he joined LCR Honda Castrol.
During the beginning of his career at the 2012 Moto3 Championship, he was with the Estrella Galicia 0,0 team and Ambrogio Next Racing team. Alex stayed with the team until the end of the 2014 season. In 2015, he moved up to Moto2 Championship with EG 0,0 Marc VDS. He stayed in the same class and team for 5 seasons. In 2020, he moved up to the MotoGP class joining Repsol Honda Team. In 2021, he joined the LCR Honda Castrol team.
Alex Marquez Salary and Net Worth
Alex Marquez renewed his contract with Honda Racing Corporation for two more years in 2021. This deal helps him get full support from Honda racing Corporation.
Alex Marquez‘s Salary:
In weeks: $19,250
In a Year: $1 million
Alex Marquez‘s net worth is around $5 million as of 2022. His overall salary and net worth are from playing racing, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Alex Marquez Social Media
- Instagram: 1m Followers
125cc World Championship
- In 2010, he entered the CEV Buckler 125cc Championship, competing along with Alex Rins and Niklas Ajo.
- In the 2011 season, there was an intense battle between Alex and Rins, with Rins winning the championship title. Marquez won two races and was 12 points behind the champion during the season.
- In the 2012 season, he won the championship with two wins at Albacete and Navarra.
Moto3 World Championship
- In 2012, he made his Moto3 Championship debut as a wildcard at the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix.
- He scored points only in four of eight races and finished the season in twentieth place, scoring 27 points.
- In 2013, he moved to KTM machinery, which helped him show some best performances.
- His only win at the championship game at the 2013 Japanese motorcycle Grand Prix.
- He had 5 podiums, 3 fastest laps, and 213 points, finishing in 4th
- The 2014 season was one of his best seasons, as he won the Moto3 World Championship.
- His 3 wins came at Catalonia, Dutch, and Japanese Grand Prix.
- He had 10 podiums, 3 pole positions, 3 fastest laps, and 278 points.
Moto2 World Championship
- In 2015, he moved up to Moto2 class with the Estrella Galicia 0,0 team and finished the championship in 14th
- Next season in 2016, he had a little improvement as he won a podium in the Aragon motorcycle Grand Prix. He finished the season in 13th
- With improving each year, in 2017, he had his first Moto2 win in Spain. The next two wins came at Catalan Grand Prix and the Japanese Grand Prix.
- He finished the season with 6 podiums, 3 pole positions, three fasted laps, and 201 points.
- The next season in 2018 had similar results as he finished the championship in 4th place again.
- He finished the season with zero wins. However, he had 6 podiums, 3 pole positions, and 2 fastest laps.
- In 2019, he became the Moto2 World Champion. The same year, his older brother Marc won the MotoGP class too.
- This is undoubtedly the best performance of his ongoing career.
- He had 5 wins, 10 podiums, 6 pole positions, 5 fastest laps, and 262 points.
MotoGP World Championship
- Alex Marquez signed a contract with the Repsol Honda team in MotoGP for the 2020 season. He was replacing Jorge Lorenzo who retired at the end of the 2019 season, with his teammate being his own older brother Marc
- His rookie year was not that impressive as he had 14 races with 2 podiums and 74 points. He finished the season in 14th
- He was dropped from the Repsol Honda team and joined LCR Honda Castrol the next season.
- This season turned disappointing too, as he finished in the 16th
- Alex has yet to win a MotoGP race. Maybe the wins come at the 2022 MotoGP World Championship.