Charles Oliveira is a Brazilian professional MMA Fighter. He is the current UFC Lightweight Champion. He has multiple UFC records. The most notable ones are the most submission wins and most finishes in UFC. As of April 2022, Oliveira is ranked 5th on UFC men’s pound-for-pound ranking.
On May 15, 2021, Oliveira fought against Michael Chandler for the vacant UFC lightweight championship. Oliveira finished Chandler via technical knockout in the second round. This win broke the UFC record for most finishes.
So, if you like Charles Oliveira and want to learn more about him, please read the article below.
Charles Oliveira: Quick Facts
|Full name||Charles Oliveira da Silva|
|Nickname||Do the Bronx|
|Date of birth||17-October-1989|
|Birthplace||Guarujá, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Father’s name||Under Review|
|Mother’s name||Ozana Oliveira|
|Height||5.10 feet (1.78 m)|
|Weight||70 Kg (155 pounds)|
|Body measurement||Under Review|
|Body type||Athletic body|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Hair color||Blonde but naturally black|
|Shoe size||Under Review|
|Wife||Talita Roberta Pereira|
|Net worth||$1-$3 million|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Artist|
|Social media presence||Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter|
|Source of Income||Salary and Bonuses, endorsement, sponsorship, and merchandise|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
MMA fighter Charles Oliveira was born on 17th October 1989 in Guarujá, São Paulo, Brazil. He was born in a poor family. His mother’s name is Ozana Oliveira and his father’s information is under review.
Oliveira wanted to be a professional football player. However, at the age of 7, he started to feel ill. Charles was diagnosed with Rheumatic fever and Heart murmur. This gave him ankle and leg pains. Doctors told them that he might be paraplegic.
However, Oliveira was introduced to Brazilian jiu-jitsu by his neighbor named “Paulo”. At the age of 12, Charles started training under Roger Coelho. In 2003, he won his first major title as a white belt 2003. Similarly, In 2010, Oliveira received his black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. In 2007 in his home country of Brazil, Oliveira began his career compiling a record of 12–0, with six knockouts and five submissions.
Some reports suggested that Charles completed his primary schooling at his local school. He learned Brazilian jiu-jitsu for vocational education as well as for the improvement of his health too
Charles Oliveira Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Charles Oliveira was born on 17 October 1998 and is currently 32 years old. Oliveira is 5 feet 10 inches tall or 178 cm tall and weighs around 70 kg or 155 lbs.
Oliveira’s body measurements and shoe size are under review at the moment and will be updated as soon as possible. Olivera’s hair is black and his eyes are dark brown. Olivera’s zodiac sign is Libra.
- In 2007 in his home country of Brazil, Oliveira began his MMA career. He had a 12–0, with six knockouts and five submissions in his amateur career.
- In his first amateur fight against Rui Machado, Oliveira submitted him with an armbar in the first round.
- Oliveira made his professional debut at Predator FC 9: Welterweight Grand Prix on March 15, 2008. He had three fights on the same day. His first fight was against Jackson Pontes. Oliveira won the fight via a rear-naked choke. In his second fight against Viscardi Andrade, Oliveira won via technical knockout. And his last fight of the day came against Diego Braga via technical knockout. He won the PFC Welterweight Grand Prix Tournament.
- On December 13, 2008, he made his Lightweight debut at Kawai Arena 1. He fought Mehdi Baghdad and won the fight via technical knockout.
- On December 29, 2008, at Korea Fight 1, he had two fights on the same day. He won his first fight against Daniel Fernandes via knockout. And in his second fight against Elieni Silva, he won via technical knockout.
- On March 21, 2009, at Jungle Fight 12: Warriors 2, he fought against Carlos Soares and won the fight via submission.
- At Ring of Combat on April 17, 2009, he won the fight against Dom Stanco via Submission.
- On September 18, 2009, Oliveira fought against Alexander Bezerra and won via submission through an anaconda choke.
- On September 26, 2009, Charles won the fight against Eduardo Pachu via split decision. It was at Eagle Fighting Championship.
- At Warriors Challenge 5 on February 14, 2010, he fought against two fighters. In the first fight against Rosenildo Rocha, he won via submission and in the second fight against Diego Battaglia, he won via knockout.
- On August 1, 2010, Oliveira made his UFC debut against Darren Elkins. Oliveira won the fight via submission. This submission won him Submission of the Night.
- On September 15, 2010, he fought against Efrain Escudero and won the fight via submission.
- He lost his next fight against Jim Miller via submission. He fought his next fight with Nik Lentz. This bout was declared no contest due to an illegal knee by Oliveira.
- His second MMA loss came against Donald Cerrone. Cerrone won the fight via technical knockout.
- Oliveira lost his next two fights against Cub Swanson and Frankie Edgar.
- He had four win streaks in his next fights. He fought against Andy Ogle, Hatsu Hioki, Jeremy Stephens, and Nik Lentz.
- His fifth loss in came against Max Holloway. Holloway won the fight via technical knockout.
- At UFC 225, Oliveira fought against Clay Guida and won the fight via submission.
- On September 22, 2018, Oliveira submitted Christos Giagos via rear-naked choke.
- Oliveira fought against Jim Miller on December 15, 2018. He submitted Jim Miller via rear-naked choke.
- On February 2, 2019, Oliveira fought against David Teymur. He submitted Teymur via anaconda choke.
- On May 18, 2019, he had a rematch against Nik Lentz. He finished Lentz via technical knockout.
- Oliveira extended his win streak against Jared Gordon. He finished the fight via knockout.
- On 14 March 2020, Oliveira won the fight against Kelvin Lee via submission in round 3. This fight also won Oliveira’s Performance of the Night.
- On December 12, 2020, Oliveira faced Tony Ferguson in a Lightweight bout at UFC 256 as a co-main card event. The fight was set for three rounds and Oliveira won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On May 15, 2021, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, United States, Oliveira faced Michael Chandler for the UFC Lightweight Championship. Oliveira won the fight via technical knockout.
- On December 11, 2021, Oliveira submitted Poirier via rear-naked choke and defended his Lightweight title.
- On May 7, at UFC 274, Oliveira is set to make his 2nd title defense against Justin Gaethje.
Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier
On 1th December at UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier, Oliveira (32-8-1NC) defended his UFC Lightweight Championship against Poirier (28-7-1NC). C won the fight via submission in the first minute of round three. He extended the UFC record for most submission wins, which is 15, and most finishes, which is 18. This fight also earned Oliveira his twelfth Performance of the Night, a new record for the company.
Charles Oliveira vs. Michael Chandler
This lightweight bout was set for UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler on 15th May 15 2021 Houston, Texas, United States. This was an important fight for both as they were fighting for the vacant lightweight title after Khabib Nurmagomedov retired from the sports. Oliveira won the championship, finishing Chandler via technical knockout in round 2. This also broke the most finishes in the UFC and also won the Performance of the Night.
Charles Oliveira vs. Tony Ferguson
Oliveira faced Ferguson in a Lightweight bout at UFC 256 on December 12, 2020, as the card’s co-main event.
Charles Oliveira vs. Kevin Lee
On March 14, 2020, at Ginasio Nilson Nelson Brazil, UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira event was held.
The event featured a catchweight bout between Oliveira and Lee. Oliveira won the fight via submission in round 3. This fight also won him Performance of the Night.
Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje
On May 7, at UFC 274, Oliveira is set to make his 2nd title defense against Justin Gaethje, former UFC Interim Lightweight champion.
Who is Charles Oliveira Wife?
Oliveira is married to Talita Roberta Pereira. They got married on 15th Feb 2014, which was held in Brazil. She is also from Brazil and is also a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner. She trains frequently at Centro de Treinamento Charles Oliveira Gold Team.
The couple gave birth to their daughter Tayla Oliveira in 2017. Some reports suggested that Oliveira was at least in one relationship before Talita. These are the available information about Oliveira’s private life and more will be updated as soon as possible.
Charles Oliveira Net Worth
Oliveira’s net worth is estimated to be $1- $3 million as of 2022. Oliveira earned $1,142,000 for his title defense against Justin Poirier at UFC 269. This was his highest-earning from a fight at UFC. His base salary is around $400,000-$600,000. After bonuses and sponsorships, he earns about $1m a fight.
Oliveira makes most of his money not just from fighting in the Octagon, but also through lucrative sponsorship deals and advertisements.
Charles Oliveira Social Media
Twitter: 148.2k followers
Instagram: 2.2m followers