Diego Maradona was a professional football player and a manager. Footballer Maradona is regarded as one of the greatest football players. He was one of the two joint winners of the FIFA Player of the 20th Century award, with Pelé being the other one. Likewise, footballer Maradona is one of the most decorated players. He is 1986 FIFA World Cup winner, multiple individual awards, and club titles. It is not sure the exact Diego Maradona Net Worth. However Maradona was earning before his death, but he was likely paid well.
He was renowned for his dribbling ability, close ball control, passing, and creativity. Maradona suffered a cardiac arrest on 25 November. At the age of 60, and died in his sleep at his home in Dique Luján, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Biography: Diego Maradona
|Full Name||Diego Armando Maradona|
|Nickname||The Golden Boy|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1960|
|Birth Place||Lanús, Argentina|
|Date of Death||25 November 2020 (aged 60)|
|Father’s Name||Diego Maradona Senior|
|Mother’s Name||Dalma Salvadora Franco|
|Siblings Name||Hugo Maradona and Lalo Maradona|
|Height||5 ft 5 in / 165 cm|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Marital Status||He was divorced before death|
|Sons Name||Diego Sinagra, Diego Fernando Maradona Ojeda|
|Daughters Name||Giannina Maradona, Dalma Maradona, Jana Maradona|
|Net Worth||$500,000 (Estimated amount)|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements, sponsorships|
|Last Updated||December 2021|
Diego Maradona Net Worth, Salary
Maradona earned not sure how much before his death, but he was likely paid well. Some reports suggested that he earned $150,000 a month when he was head coach of Dorados.
Endorsement deals with huge companies like PUMA, Coca-Cola, Hublot, and Konami, and being paid by various big clubs throughout his career, Maradona saved a good fortune.
According to various resources, at the time of his death, Maradona’s net worth was estimated to be around $500,000. This amount could have been way larger only if Maradona wasn’t a drug addict. His drug addiction affected both his finance and career.
The asset owned by Diego Maradona:
Footballer Maradona owned at least five properties in Argentina. Similarly, He also owned a Rolls Royce Ghost worth about $360,000 and a BMW i8 worth about $175,000. We also know the love of Maradona with the ring. He also owned a diamond ring worth $360,000. A contract also allowed Komani to use Maradona’s likeness in its Pro Evolution Soccer video game.
Diego Maradona didn’t have any death will. So, his fortune should go to his children. However, due to multiple children and not having a wife, his fortune wasn’t easy to hand over. Hence, his ex-wife Claudia and her two daughters fight for his fortune at court. Their opposing parties are Diego Maradona’s past seven years lawyer Matias Morla, who has support from some of Maradona’s recent girlfriends.
Footballer Maradona was born on 30th day of October 1960 in Lanús, which is the capital of Lanús Partido, Buenos Aires Province in Argentina. His father, Diego Maradona Senior, used to work at a chemicals factory and was of Guaraní (Indigenous) and Spanish (Basque) descent, while his mother, Dalma Salvadora, was of Italian descent. He has four big sisters and two younger brothers. His younger brothers were former professional football players too.
Similarly, he started playing football from an early age. He used to show his insane ball controls and skills in games.
Footballer Maradona made his professional debut in 1976. His debut was for Argentinos Juniors on 20 October 1976. He became the youngest player in the history of the Argentine Primera División.
There is not much information about his education on the internet. But Maradona may have been very well-educated. However, information about his education will be updated as soon as possible.
Diego Maradona FIFA 22 rating
Maradona’s FIFA 22 card is an ICON gold card available in FIFA 22 packs. There are three versions of his card with an overall rating of 91, 95, and 97. Here are the detailed stats of the card with an overall rating of 95.
- Pace: 88
- Dribbling: 95
- Shooting: 91
- Defending: 42
- Passing: 90
- Physical: 75
Diego Maradona Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Footballer Diego Maradona was born on the 30th day of October 1960. His place of birth is Lanús, Argentina. His sun sign was Scorpio. He was a quick player with 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) and weighed 76 kg. Diego was of the Christian religion.
His eyes and hair were black. Diego’s shoe size was 8 (US). His chest size was 42 inches, with his waist size being 37 inches.
Diego Maradona Wife | Personal Life
Footballer Diego Maradona married Claudia Villafañe in November 1984. They had two children named Dalma Nerea and Gianinna Dinorah. Unfortunately, they got divorced in 2004 on friendly terms.
He also got a son from his affair with Cristiana Sinagra. His name is Diego Sinagra, and he is a professional football coach and former football player.
He got two more children, Jana Maradona, whose mother is Valeria Sabalain, and Diego Fernando Maradona Ojeda, whose mother is Veronica Ojeda.
His children may not be limited to five as there are some claims of other people being a child of Maradona after his death.
These are only some of his know relationships. However, some reports claim that he had been involved in more than dozens of relationships in the past.
Multiple movies and documentaries are based on Diego Maradona or are inspired by him. Diego Maradona, Hero and Maradona by Kusturica are some of the most famous movies based on Maradona.
Diego Maradona Death
On 25 November, Maradona suffered cardiac arrest and died in his sleep. He was of age 60 at that moment and died in his sleep at his home in Dique Luján, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Diego Maradona Social Media
Instagram: 7m Followers
- Maradona made his professional debut for Argentinos Juniors on 20 October 1976.
- On 14 November 1976, he scored his first goal in the Primera División against Marplatense.
- Similarly, Maradona spent five years with Argentinos Juniors. He scored 115 goals in 167 appearances.
- On 20 February 1981, Maradona signed a contract with Boca Juniors.
- He debuted against Talleres de Córdoba, scoring two goals in the club’s 4–1 win.
- Diego Maradona scored 28 goals in 40 appearances for Boca Juniors.
- Maradona was transferred to Barcelona in Spain after the 1982 World Cup.
- On 26 June 1983, he scored a goal against Real Madrid in El Clásico.
- At the 1984 Copa del Rey Final, he was directly involved in the violent fight against Athletic Bilbao. He headbutted a player, elbowed another Bilbao player in the face.
- Diego was transferred out of the club following the incident, his last game for Barcelona.
- He scored 38 goals in 58 games for the club.
- On 5 July 1984, Maradona arrived at Napoli. It was record-breaking fee of $10.48 million.
- Soon Maradona became one of the key players for Napoli. He inherited the captain’s armband from defender Giuseppe Bruscolotti.
- In 1986-87, Napoli won their first-ever Serie A Italian Championship led by Maradona.
- Similarly, In 1989-90, Napoli won their second league title with the help of Maradona.
- They further won the 1987 Coppa Italia, 1989 UEFA Cup, and 1990 Italian Supercup at Napoli.
- Likewise, he was the top scorer at Napoli with 15 goals. Diego was also all-time leading scorer of Napoli, scoring 115 goals.
- In 1992, after failing a drug test for cocaine, he left Napoli in disgrace.
- After Napoli, he signed his contract with Sevilla, playing for a year. He scored six goals in 30 appearances for the club.
- Likewise, In 1993, Maradona played for Newell’s Old Boys. In 1995 returned to Boca Juniors for a two-year deal.
- He had to quit football afterward due to life-threatening heart failure caused by a drug overdose.
International Career | Argentina
- On 27 February 1977, he made his international debut at 16.
- Likewise, In the 1979 FIFA World Youth Championship, he was named star of the tournament, with Argentina winning the final against the Soviet Union in 3-1 win. He scored six goals in six tournament games.
- Similarly, Diego scored his first senior international goal against Scotland in a 3-1 win.
- Maradona played in his first World Cup tournament in 1982.
- In addition, in the 1986 World Cup, Maradona scored his first tournament goal against Italy.
- He scored two goals in the 2-1 quarter-final win against England.
- The first goal against England was scored by striking the hand. Maradona described it as “a little with the head of Maradona and a little with the hand of God.” Later, it became famously known as the “Hand of God.”
- FIFA voted his second goal against England as the greatest goal in history.
- Argentina beat West Germany 3–2 in the World Cup finals in the Azteca. Maradona liftedthe World Cup as captain.
- Likewise, Maradona scored five goals and assisted five times during the 1986 World Cup.
- Maradona captained Argentina again in the finals of the 1990 World Cup. However, they lost to West Germany with a 1-0 scoreline.
- Similarly, Maradona only played two games, He failed the drug test in the 1994 World Cup. His second game was the last game for Argentina.
- He scored 42 goals in 106 appearances for the national team.
In 1997-98, he had cardiac arrests due to his drug problem. This forced him to quit football. His last game for Argentina was against Nigeria in the 1994 World Cup. He failed a drug test and was discarded for the World Cup.
Diego Maradona Total Goals
|Appearances and goals by club|
|Newell’s Old Boys||0||5|
|Return to Boca Juniors||35||71|