Franco Morbidelli is an Italian professional road racer currently completing Grand Prix motorcycle racing. He became the first student of Valentino Rossi when he joined VR46 Riders Academy in 2013. So, Franco has learned from one of the greatest road racers of all time. He has a smooth-riding style, making him one of the favorites in any race.
He won the 2013 European Superstock 600 Championship and the 2017 Moto2 World Championship.
In December 2021, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. confirmed that MotoGP racer Franco Morbidelli is a Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team rider for the remainder of the 2021 season and the 2022 and 2023 campaigns.
Biography: Franco Morbidelli
|Full Name||Franco Morbidelli|
|Date of Birth||4 December 1994|
|Birth Place||Rome, Italy|
|Father’s Name||Livio Morbidelli|
|Mother’s Name||Cristina de Franco|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches / 176 cm|
|Weight||64 kg (141lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Bike Name||Yamaha YZR-M1|
|Helmet||AGV PISTA GP RR|
|Net Worth||$1 – $5 million|
|Salary||$3 million (annual)|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Racing, advertisements, and sponsorships|
|Last Updated||January 2022|
Who is Franco Morbidelli Father?| Early Life
MotoGP racer Franco Morbidelli was born on 4 December 1994 in Rome, which is the capital of Italy. His Italian father, Livio Morbidelli, and his Brazilian mother, Cristina de Franco‘s work lives are unknown and will be updated in Playersaga as soon as possible.
There is no information about his siblings on the internet. Maybe he has no siblings at all.
Franco Morbidelli joined the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team at the end of the 2021 season, staying till the 2023 season.
There is not much public information about his education on the internet at the moment. However, the information will be updated as soon as possible.
Franco Morbidelli Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Racer Morbidelli was born on 4 December 1994 in Rome, Italy. He is 27 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Sagittarius. Franco has a height of 5 feet 9 inches (176 cm) and weighs around 64 kg. His religion is under review at the moment.
Franco’s eyes and hair are Dark Brown. Similarly, His shoe size is 10 (US), and his body measurements are under review at the moment and will be updated as soon as possible.
Franco Morbidelli Girlfriend | Personal Life
There is not much information about his personal life on the internet. However, some reports suggested that he was at least in on relationship in the past.
More details about his personal life will be updated as soon as possible.
Franco Morbidelli Helmet
Franco Morbidelli uses AGV PISTA GP RR helmet in 2021. On the back of the helmet is catchy parrot artwork with a Brazilian flag on the parrot’s chest. His helmet has other cool artworks, too, consisting of colorful flowers. His helmet doesn’t have his bike number.
Franco Morbidelli Bike
Franco Morbidelli currently uses the Yamaha YZR-M1, which is an inline-four motorcycle specifically developed by Yamaha Motor Company to race in the current MotoGP series.
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, inline 4-cylinder, DOHC 4-stroke with 16-valve cross-plane crankshaft (fires at 180° flat-plane crank)|
|Transmission||6-speed cassette-type gearbox, with alternative gear ratios available|
|Fuel capacity||21 liters|
Franco Morbidelli Bike Manufacturer / Team
Franco Morbidelli joined Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team in MotoGP at the latter half of the 2021 season.
During the beginning of his career in 2011 in European Superstock 600, he was with Bike Service Racing Team and RCGM Team. Later in 2013, he switched to San Carlo Team Italia, riding their Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R.
Sometime in 2013, he moved up to Moto2. During his Moto2 Career, Federal Oil Gresini Moto2, Italtrans Racing Team, and Marc VDS team.
He moved up to MotoGP in the 2018 season with the Petronas Yamaha team. He spent three and half seasons with the team, and the remaining half-season, he went with Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP.
Franco Morbidelli Salary and Net Worth
Franco Morbidelli is currently with the Moster Energy Yamaha team.
MotoGP racer Franco Morbidelli‘s Salary:
In weeks: $57,700
In a Year: $3 million
Franco Morbidelli‘s net worth is $1-$5 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are racing, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Franco Morbidelli Social Media
European Superstock 600
- He entered the competition in 2011 with Yamaha YZF-R6.
- In the first season, he had four races with 32 points finishing at 17th position.
- He was with Bike Service Racing Team and RCGM Team in 2012.
- In 2012, he had eight races with one podium, one pole position, 74 points, and finished in 6th position.
- In 2013, he was with San Carlo Team Italia, riding their Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R.
- He won his last European Superstock 600 season with ten races, two wins, five podiums, two pole positions, one fastest lap, and 154 points.
Moto2 World Championship
- In 2013, Franco Morbidelli joined Federal Oil Gresini Moto2. He finished the season with only three races scoring 0 points.
- In 2014, he joined Italtrans Racing Team, finishing the season with 18 races, 75 points, and 11th position.
- Next season with the team, he had results with one podium, 90 points, and 10th position.
- His next two seasons were somehow special. He went to the Marc VDS team in 2016 and 2017.
- He finished the 2016 season with 18 races, eight podiums, three fastest laps, 213 points, and finished in 4th position in the championship.
- In the 2017 season, he won the Moto2 Championship. He had 18 races, eight wins, 12 podiums, six pole positions, eight fastest laps, and 308 points.
MotoGP World Championship
- In 2018, he moved up to MotoGP class 2018, still with the Marc VDS team with the Honda bike.
- He had 16 races, with 50 points and 15th position in the competition.
- Next season in 2019, he changed his team and went to Petronas Yamaha SRT, signing a two-year contract.
- In the first season with the team, he finished in 10th position with 19 races and 115 points.
- The 2020 season was one of the best seasons of his entire racing career. Similarly, he finished 2nd in the whole completion.
- Franco had 14 races with three wins, five podiums, two pole positions, one fastest lap, and 158 points.
- He was with two different teams in 2021. One was the same Petronas Yamaha SRT, and the other was Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP.
- He had eight races with Petronas Yamaha SRT, with one podium and 40 points.
- In the other half of the season with Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP, he had five races with 7 points and finished the season in 17th position.
- As of December 2021, he has 62 wins, six podiums, two pole positions, one fastest lap, and 370 points in the MotoGP World Championship.