Joan Mir is a Spanish professional road racer currently competing in Grand Prix motorcycle racing. He has both aggressive and smooth riding. Smooth riding helps him protect the bike from any faults, and aggressiveness helps him give tough competition to other riders.
In 2017, he won the Moto3 World Championship, scoring 341 points, riding a Honda. In 2020, he became the MotoGP World Champion riding a Suzuki, scoring 171 points and his season’s performance being one of the best performances of his road racing career.He moved up to the MotoGP class in 2019, joining the Team SUZUKI ECSTAR.
The first season in MotoGP was a little disappointing, as he finished in 12th position. He has been with the same team since the beginning of his MotoGP career.
Joan Mir: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Joan Mir Mayrata|
|Date of Birth||1 September 1997|
|Birth Place||Palma de Mallorca, Spain|
|Father’s Name||Joan Mir Senior|
|Mother’s Name||Ana Mayrata|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (181cm)|
|Weight||69 kg (150lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Active Years||MotoGP(2019-present), Moto2(2018), Moto3(2015-2017)|
|Bike Name||Suzuki GSX-RR|
|Helmet||AGV PISTA GP RR|
|Current Team/Manufacturers||Team SUZUKI ECSTAR|
|Net Worth||$1 million- $3 million|
|Salary||$6 million (annual)|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Racing, advertisements, and sponsorships|
|Last Updated||December 2021|
Joan Mir Mayrata was born on 1 September 1997 in Palma de Mallorca, the capital and largest of Balearic Islands in Spain. His father’s name is Joan Mir Senior, and his mother’s name is Ana Mayrata. His father was not supportive of his road racing career initially, but he started supporting Mir later.
Francesco Bagnaia Bio, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Helmet >>
He was inspired to be a road racer by his uncle Joan Perelló. His uncle used to be a professional road racer who participated for years in the world championship with the Stop & Go team.
His sibling’s information and his parents work-life are under review and will be updated as soon as possible.
There is not much detailed information available about his education on the internet. However, the information will be updated as soon as possible.
Joan Mir Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Motogp racer Joan Mir was born on 1 September 1997 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. Mir is 24 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Virgo. Joan has a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 69 kg. He follows the Christian religion.
Fabio Di Giannantonio Bio, Height, Moto GP 2022, Bike, Net Worth >>
His eyes and hair are dark browns. Joan shoe size is 8 (US), and his body measurements are under review at the moment and will be updated as soon as possible.
Who is Joan Mir girlfriend?
Joan Mir is currently dating Alejandra Garro. When they started dating and how they met are not known and will be updated as soon as possible. Alejandra Garro is a supportive girlfriend. She can be seen cheering Mir on tracks and always is with him on award function and other functions.
This beautiful couple’s picture can be found on their social media accounts. Some reports suggested that Joan Mir was at least in one relationship before he was dating Alejandra Garro.
Further information about his personal life will be updated as soon as possible.
Joan Mir Helmet
Joan Mir will use the AGV PISTA GP RR helmet in 2021. Monster’s logo and his bike number artworks can be seen on the side of his helmet.
Blue, yellow and black is the majority colors in his helmet.
Joan Mir Bike
Joan Mir currently uses the Suzuki GSX-RR. It is a Water-cooled, Four-stroke,DOHC 16-valve, Crossplane crankshaft, Inline-four engine racing motorcycle specifically developed by Ducati to race in the current MotoGP series.
|Engine||Water-cooled, Four-stroke, DOHC 16-valve, Crossplane crankshaft, Inline-four engine|
|Transmission||6-speed cassette type|
|Fuel capacity||22 liters|
Joan Mir Manufacturer / Team
Joan Mir joined Team Suzuki Ecstar at the beginning of the 2019 season.
During the beginning of his career in 2015 in the Moto3 Championship, he was with the Leopard Racing team riding a Honda. He stayed with the same team in his moto3 career.
Fabio Quartararo Bio, Height, Helmet, Net Worth, Salary, Family >>
In 2018, he joined Moto2 with EG 0,0 Marc VDS riding a Kalex. In 2019, he moved up to MotoGP class with Team Suzuki Ecstar riding a Suzuki GSX-RR.
Joan Mir Salary and Net Worth
Joan Mir is currently with the Team Suzuki Ecstar.
MotoGP racer Joan Mir‘s Salary:
In weeks: $115,400
In a Year: $6 million
Joan Mir‘s net worth is $40 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from racing, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Joan Mir Instagram
- Twitter: 2k Followers
- Instagram: 497k Followers
- Website: https://joanmir36.com/
- Similarly, in 2013 and 2014, he competed in the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup.
- In 2015, he competed in CEV Moto3 Junior World Championship. He had four wins in six races and ended the championship in the fourth position.
Moto3 World Championship
- In the 2015 Moto3 World Championship, he made his Grand Prix debut. He was with Leopard Racing riding a Honda. He failed to finish the race after an incident with John McPhee.
- Next season, still with the same team, he had his first pole position in Australia.
- He had a great season. He finished the championship in 5th position, with one win, 3 podiums, 1 pole position, 2 fastest laps, and scored 144 points.
- In the third season, he dominated the whole championship. He had 18 races, with 10 wins, 13 podiums, 1 pole position, 3 fastest laps, and 341 points.
- Even with only 1 pole position, he managed to win the whole championship.
Moto2 World Championship
- After some incredible performances in Moto3 World Championship, he moved up to Moto2 class after spending three years in Moto3. In the 2018 Moto2 World Championship, he EG 0,0 Marc VDS team riding a Kalex.
- He stayed in the championship for only one season.
- This season’s performance wasn’t his best performance. He had 0 wins in the championship.
- He had 18 races, with 4 podiums, 1 fastest lap, and 155 points, finishing the competition in 6th position.
MotoGP World Championship
- In 2018, Mir ended his contract with Marc VDS to move up to MotoGP class in a two-year deal with the Suzuki factory team.
- The first season with the team was a little disappointing as he finished in 12th position for the team.
- He had 17 races, scoring only 92 points.
- Next season, he signed a deal with Suzuki for two years more, making him stay with the team till 2022.
- He had a tough start at the season, as he crashed out in two of the first three rounds.
- However, he came back to his form and achieved five podiums in seven rounds.
- He had his only win at the European motorcycle Grand Prix.
- Joan became the World Champion in the 2020 season. He won 1 race, achieved 7 podiums, and collected 171 points.
- That season was one of the best seasons in his road racing career.
- Next season in 2021, he had back-to-back top 10 positions.
- Starting the championship in Qatar, he finished the first round in the fourth position.
- He had two 2nd positions and four 3rd positions in the championship with 0 wins.
- Joan finished the season in 3rd position behind Francesco Bagnaia.
- He had 6 podiums, 1 fastest lap, and scored 208 points in the 2021 season.
- He is the hottest prospect in the 2022 season with his amazing performances in previous MotoGP Championships.