Liverpool vs Real Madrid the final of the UEFA Champions League 2022 is set. This season La Liga champions Real Madrid are going to face withstand English club, Liverpool. The game will also be the rematch of the UCL 2018 final. Liverpool is desperate to claim the glory as they are currently going through the heartbreak after slipping their premier League title by 1 point.
The game between Liverpool vs Real Madrid will be an iconic game. On the 19th occasion, two clubs were crowned champions of UCL combining. Real Madrid has won 13th times out of their 16 final. Similarly, Liverpool has won the title 6th time out of 9 finals they ever played.
This years final is at Stade de France, Paris, on May 29, 2022. The final was originally planned to be organized at Saints Petersburg ground Gazprom Arena. Later UEFA moved the match after Russia invaded Ukraine. France will host the Champions League final after 2006 for the first time.
This game is a rematch of the 2018 showdown when a substitute player scored two-goal and sealed the victory for Real Madrid.
Head to Head:
Liverpool will meet the Real Madrid in the final for the third time following 1981, 2018, 1nd now in 2022. Reds haven’t lost their last 18th matches. Liverpool has reached the final for the 9th time and has managed to win six times. Liverpool could have made it more and had become the 2nd most successful club if they hadn’t lost three finals. Again on May 29, Liverpool got the opportunity to be the second most successful club to wear the UCL crown.
Real Madrid hasn’t lost any game with Liverpool in their last five meetings (4w,1d). Real Madrid has reached the final 16th time and won it 13 times. They haven’t lost the UCL final in 39 years; it was 1981 they last lost their UCL final for the 3rd time.
Salah vs. Benzema (Contenders for Ballon d’Or)
Both of these players are world-class. As Ronaldo and Messi are already out of the Ballon d’Or race, Salah and Benzema are going for an individual award. These two players are the key players to watch in the game.
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 69 kg
Date of Birth: 1992-06-15 (29 years )
Jersey Number: 11
Height: 187 cm
Weight: 79 kg
Date of Birth: 1987-12-19 (34 years)
Jersey Number: 9
Salah isn’t only an incredible player; he is a hard-worked and self-made scorer player. Likewise, he is a great leader. Similarly, Benzema has always been determined and passionate about the game. At Stamford, Bridge Benzeme shined after scoring Hat-trick against the Blues.
His performance has phenomenally scored a hattrick over PSG and Chelsea and scored a brace against the city. Benzema helped Madrid to reach the final with his exceptional performance.
Meanwhile, Salah has provided two key assists to help the Reds score over Villarreal in the semifinal. Salah has also won the Premier League Golden boot and Playmaker.
The race for the Ballon d’Or has already started, and the trophy of the UCL final is going to be key for them to be the winner of the Ballon d’Or 2022 winner.
Salah Stats 2022:
Games Played: 65
Shots per game: 2.86
Shorts per goal: 4.8
Benzema stats 2022:
Games Played: 52
Shots per game: 3.35
Shorts per goal: 3.35
Injury is always a serious matter of concern. Injury can cost you a title too. Liverpool midfielder maestro Thiago Alcantara coming back for the final is doubtful after he has suffered a hamstring injury against Wolves in the last game of the Premier League.
Likewise, for Liverpool, Fabinho and Virgil Van Dijk were rested in their last League game. Their injury is still worrying for Kloop.
David Alaba is back in training for Madrid but was not starting XI against Real Betis Saturday. Marcelo has suffered a leg injury.
Where To Watch UCL 2022 Final : Liverpool vs Real Madrid
The final can be watched on different platforms. Can book the ticket online as well as offline.
For Stadium – Stade de France, Paris on May 29, 2022
For Television – BT Sport will cover the final game.
You can also watch the game on the BT Sport YouTube channel.
FB stream. Tv, and Totaksportek. Pro are online sites where you can also watch the game.
Match Facts: Liverpool vs Real Madrid
- After his appearance in the final, Trent Alexander Arnold (23 years 233 days on May 29) is going to be the second-youngest player in competition history to play in three finals before the age of 24.
- This season, Karim Benzema has scored 15 goals in UCL, only two goals away from equalling Cristiano Ronaldo’s record for most goals in a single season.
- Before the kick-off of the final match, salah has already become the second player after Messi to have 30+ goals and 10+ assists in the competition.
- Real Madrid striker Benzema ( 34 years 160 days )could become the second-oldest player after Paolo Maldini to score in UCL if he managed to score.
- Liverpool captain Henderson is currently on his 49 appearances at UCL; he could make his 50 appearances in UCL on May 29.
- Under manager Jurgen Kloop, Salah has scored 33 goals in UCL. Only three players have managed to score more playing under the same manager.
- Carlo Ancelotti could make history by becoming the one and only manager to win the champions league four times. Ancelotti has reached in final four times and has won three out of them. It was against Liverpool in 2004-2005 that he lost the final with Ac Milan on penalties.
- Jurgen Klopp has faced Real Madrid 9 times in the Champions League and has only managed to get 3 wins, 2 draws and has lost 5 over Madrid.
- If Real Madrid won their 14 UCL, it will be the same double as other teams (Ac Milan 7 title).
- If Liverpool managed to get a win over the white battalion, their UCL trophy cabinet will reach 7 which is equal to Ac Milan, and can be the second-most UCL trophy winner team after Real.
- Real Madrid and Liverpool will play the final for the third time in UCL history which is the most game played in the final between the two clubs.
Alisson Becker (Gk), Robertson, Virgil Van Dijk, Ibrahima Konate, Alexander Arnold, Jordan Henderson ( C), Naby Keita, Fabinho, Sadio Mane, Luis Diaz, Mohamed Salah.
Thibaut Courtois (Gk), David Alaba , Eder Militao , Ferland Mendy , Daniel Carvajal , Casemiro , Toni Kross, Luka Modric, Rodrygo, Vinicius Junior, Karim Benzema ( C)