Mario Mandzukic is a Croatian football coach and former professional footballer who played as a forward and spent most of his time with Juventus. He is currently an assistant manager to Zlatko Dalić in the Croatian national team. Mario is mostly recognized for his amazing finish, aerial abilities and aggressiveness. He was one of the most underrated players, with strong mentality, and was a big-game player.
On 3 June 2017, Mandzukic scored an amazing acrobatic, overhead kick against Real Madrid, the 2016-17 UEFA Goal of the season. After 2018 FIFA World Cup, he retired from international football and in September 2021, he retired from all forms of football.
Mario Mandzukic : Quick Facts
|Full Name||Mario Mandzukic|
|Date of Birth||21 May 1986|
|Birth Place||Slavonski Brod, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Father’s Name||Mato Mandzukic|
|Mother’s Name||Jelica Mandzukic|
|Height||6 feet 3 inches / 190 cm|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Education||General Certificate of Secondary Education|
|Net Worth(approx)||$8 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
Footballer Mario Mandzukic was born on 21 May 1986 in Slavonski Brod, a city in eastern Croatia, near the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. His father, Mato Mandzukic is a Bosnian Croat from Prud near Odžak, while his mother is Jelica Mandzukic and has a sister named Ivana Mandzukic.
He had a difficult childhood due to an international armed conflict in Bosnia and Herzegovina between 1992 and 1995 in which his hometown was also in attack. After the war, his family moved to Ditzingen, Germany. In Germany, Mandzukic joined a local youth team, TSF Ditzingen when he was 6 years old. From that time, he has always been in love with football.
After some stay at Germany, his family was not allowed to stay in the country and returned to Croatia. Between 1996 and 2003 he played for NK Marsonia. In the summer of 2005, he joined NK Zagreb, a Croatian amateur football club based in the Croatian capital city of Zagreb.
Mandzukic was quite good in education from early age. He has the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), an academic qualification in a particular subject, taken in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Mario Mandzukic Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Mario Mandzukic is 35 years old as of 2021, born in 1986. He is a citizen of Croatia. Footballer Mandzukic stands 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm) tall and is a physically strong player. He weighs around 85kg.
His eyes are dark brown and with hair is the same color. Mandzukic‘s chest measurement is 38 inches. Similarly, Mario waist is 32 inches and his biceps are 13.5 inches.
Who is Mario Mandzukic Wife?
Mandzukic keeps his life a little secret. He does not like to do interviews. Mandzukic does not have a Facebook page or account. He had a common-law marriage with his girlfriend Ivana Mikulić.
They were in relationship since 2007. He loves dogs, had has quite a few dogs with him.
Mario Mandzukic Charity Work
Footballer Mario Mandzukic is incredibly generous. In March 2021, Mandzukic was out due to injury and didn’t get to play for AC Milan. So, he decided to donate his month’s salary to one of the club’s foundation “Fondazione Milan” that encourages projects that help needy young people, both in socio-economic and educational terms. This gesture from Mandzukic was worthy of respect.
Mario Mandzukic Salary and Net Worth
Mandzukic signed a contract with Turkish club Fenerbahçe on 27 January 2021, as a free agent.
Footballer Mandzukic‘s Salary:
In weeks: €300K or $340000.00 (approx.)
In a Year: €3600K or $4070000 (approx.)
Mandzukic’s net worth is $8 million (approx.) as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from playing football, sponsorships and endorsements.
Mario Mandzukic Social Media
Twitter: 1m Followers
Instagram: 3.7m Followers
- Due to the Croatian War of Independence, Mandzukic and his parents fled to Germany where he started playing football.
- He joined the German club TSF Ditzingen, in 1992.
- Between 1996 and 2003, he played for NK Marsonia.
- In the summer of 2005 he joined NK Zagreb, a Croatian amateur football club based in the Croatian capital city of Zagreb.
- The Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb bought Mandzukic for €1.3 million in 2007.
- He helped Dinamo reach group stage of 2007-08 UEFA Cup by scoring two goals in extra time against AFC Ajax in Amsterdam.
- Mario finished his first season with the club scoring 12 goals and 11 assists in 9 matches, while collecting eight yellow cards.
- Similarly, he was the top scorer, with 16 goals in 28 appearances in the 2008-09 Croatian First Football League,
- He started 2009-10 season by scoring a goal in a Champions League play-off match against Red Bull Salzburg.
- On 17 September 2009, he was fined €100,000 after being accused of poor effort against Anderlecht in 2-0 loss.
- During the season, Mario scored 14 goals in 24 appearances.
- VFL Wolfsburg signed Mandzukic on 14 July 2010 for a fee believed to be around €7 million.
- He was used as a substitute in the first half of 2010-11 season. But got the chance to start the game when the club’s first choice, Edin Dzeko left the club.
- On Matchday 26, he scored his first Bundesliga goals for Wolfsburg against FC Nurnberg.
- He helped the club avoid relegation by scoring eight goals in the last seven domestic season matches.
- He was the regular starter in his second season for the club and was the club’s top scorer with 12 goals.
- During his time at the club, Mario scored 20 goals in 60 appearances.
- Mandzukic was signed by Bundesliga club Bayern Munich on 24 July 2012 for a transfer fee of €13 million.
- On 24 July 2012, he debuted in a friendly match for the club against Chinese club Beijing Guoan and scored the fifth goal in 6-0 victory.
- He scored his first goal in an official game against Borussia Dortmund in the sixth minute on 12 August, helping his team to win German DFL Supercup.
- On matchday one, he scored his first league goal against Greuther Furth.
- He finished his first Bundesliga season with Bayern Munich as the top scorer, scoring 15 goals in 24 matches.
- He scored his first Champions League for the club against Arsenal in 16.
- On May 25, he helped Bayern Munich win the 2013 UEFA Champions League by scoring a goal in 2-1 win against Borussia Dortmund.
- He finished the season wining Bundesliga, Champions League, DFB-Pokal and German Supercup with Bayern Munich.
- Mario scored his 10th goal against Hamburger SV in the new Bundesliga season.
- He won the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup with Bayern Munich against Raja Casablanca with 2-0.
- On 12 February, he scored his first hat-trick against Hamburger SV, sending Bayern Munich to DFB-Pokal semi-finals.
- He scored 48 goals in 88 appearances for the club.
- On 10 july 2014, Mandzukic was signed by Spanish club Atlético Madrid on a four-year deal with undisclosed fee.
- On 19 August, Mario made his debut for the club in the first leg of 2014 Supercopa de Espana against Real Madrid in 1-1 draw.
- Footballer Mario scored his first goal for the club in the second leg in just two minutes, the fastest goal in the competition.
- He scored his first league goal against SD Eibar, on 30 August.
- On 26 November, he scored a sensational hat-trick against Olympiacos in UEFA Champions League group stage.
- Mandzkuic scored 20 goals in 43 appearances for the club.
- On 22 June 2015, Mandzukic signed a four-year contract with the Italian giants Juventus for a fee of Euro 19 million payable in three installments, including a possible Euro 2 million which depended on his performance.
- Footballer Mario scored his first goal for the club on 8 August against Lazio in the 2015 Supercoppa Italiana.
- On 23 August 2015, he made his first league debut against Udinese in a 1-0 loss.
- Likewise, he scored the winning goal against Manchester City in the second leg of group stage on 25 November 2015, securing the spot in round 16.
- He was nominated as Juventus Player for November 2015 due to his amazing performances.
- In addition, he finished the season with 13 goals in 36 appearances.
- On 25 May 2017, he signed a contract extension with the club until 2020.
- On 3 June 2017, Mandzukic scored an amazing acrobatic, overhead kick against Real Madrid, the 2016-17 UEFA Goal of the season, but Juventus were ultimately defeated 4-1.
- He made his 100th appearance for the club on 31 October 2017 against sporting in a 1-1 draw in UEFA Champions League.
- On 6 October, Mandzukic made 100th appearance in Seria A with the club in a 2–0 away win over Udinese.
- On 4 April 2019, he extended his contract with the club until 2021.
- He scored 44 goals in 162 appearances for the club.
- On 24 December 2019, he agreed to join Qatari side Al-Duhail after failing to make a single appearance for Juventus in 2019-20 season.
- On 4 January 2020, he made his league debut against Qatar SC in a goalless draw.
- Mandzukic scored his first goal for the club on 10 January against Al-Sailiya in Qatar Cup.
- On 5 July 2020, he terminated his contract with the club on mutual agreement.
- He scored two goals in 10 appearances for the club.
- Mandzukic joined Serie A club Milan on 19 January 2021, on a contract until the end of the season, with the option of a further year.
- On 23 January, he made his league debut against Atalanta in a 3-0 defeat.
- He appeared in 11 games for Milan with 0 goals scored.
- On 17 November 2007, he debuted for the Croatian national team against Macedonia after being called for the national team due to his amazing performance.
- In a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, he scored first goal for his national team against England in 4-1 loss.
- In Euro 2012, he scored twice in Croatia’s opening 3-1 win against the Republic of Ireland.
- Despite the early departure of the team, he was the joint top scorer of the Euro 2012 with scoring 3 goals.
- On 18 June 2014, he made his World Cup debut scoring twice against Cameroon and was awarded the “Man of the Match” award.
- On 6 October 2016, Mandzukic scored a hatrick in a 6–0 win against Kosovo in 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification.
- In 2018 FIFA World Cup round-of-16, he scored an equalizing goal against Denmark taking the game to penalty shootout, which Croatia won with 3-2 penalty score.
- On 11 July, he scored the match-winning goal in 109th minute against England giving them 2-1 victory and sending them to the World Cup finals for the first time in their history.
- In the final against France on 15 July, Mario became the first player ever to score an own goal in a World Cup final and gave France a 1–0 lead. He later scored Croatia’s second goal with the match eventually ended in a 4–2 defeat. With that goal, Mario Mandzukic became the second player in World Cup history to score for both teams in a single match and the first to do so in a final.
- He scored 33 goals in 89 appearances for the Croatian national team.
Footballer Mandzukic retired from international football after the 2018 FIFA World Cup and in September 2021, he retired from all forms of football.
|Appearances and goals by club|