Marouane Fellaini is a Belgian professional football player and is currently a midfielder for the Chinese club Shangdong Luneng Taishan. He used to play for the Belgian national team, but after the 2018 World Cup, he announced his retirement from international football. Fellaini is limited in terms of skills, but he has good aerial presence, exquisite chest control, and has a height advantage over other players.
In 2008, he was awarded Ebony Shoe for being the best African or African origin player in the Belgian Pro Leauge. On 1 February 2019, Fellaini was signed by the Chinese club, Shangdong Luneng Taishan, and is currently playing with the team.
Marouane Fellaini : Quick Facts
|Full Name||Marouane Fellaini-Bakkioui|
|Date of Birth||22 November 1987|
|Birth Place||Etterbeek, Brussels, Belgium|
|Father’s Name||Abdellatif Fellaini|
|Mother’s Name||Hafida Fellaini|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches (194 cm)|
|Weight||80 kg (175 lbs.).|
|Body Measurements||38-14-32 inches|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Marital Status||Under Review|
|Net Worth||€172 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
|Last Updated||January 2022|
Marouane Fellaini was born on 22 November 1987 in Etterbeek, central Belgium. His father, Abdellatif Fellaini, was a former footballer, while his mother, Hafida Fellaini’s profession, is unknown. His parents were Moroccan migrants from the country’s Tangier city.
Fellaini’s parents migrated to Belgium to have better living. Footballer Fellaini has an identical twin brother, Mansour Fellaini. His father was a professional goalkeeper and that’s where Fellaini got the love for football.
In childhood, he loved running more than football. Footballer Fellaini used to participate in 10,000m races. While his friends went to their school by bus and cars, he used to run to his school. Fellaini father played an important role in his childhood as his father would always guide him in football.
At 8, Fellaini joined Anderlecht Academy with his father’s help. In the first two seasons of the club he scored 63 goals. After two years in the Anderlecht Academy, Marouane joined Mons at 10 years old. Fellaini signed his first professional contract at 17 with Standard Liege.
There is no information about his school background accessible and other basic information as he keeps them private.
Marouane Fellaini Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Marouane Fellaini Fellaini is 34 years old as of 2021 as he was born in 1987. He is a citizen of Belgium and is of Moroccan Berber ethnicity.
Fellaini stands 6 feet 4 inches (194 cm) tall and is a physically strong player. With that much of their height he weighs around 80kg.
His eyes are black, and had an afro hairstyle for the longest time but recently had a haircut. Fellaini’s chest measurement is 38 inches. Similarly, Fellaini waist is 32 inches and his biceps are 14 inches.
Marouane Fellaini Personal Wife | Life
Fellaini’s personal life has some unknown secrets as he is a private kind of guy. No one knows whether he is or was married as well as his children’s information are unknown too.
Although the secrecy, there were some reports of him dating Belgian model, Lara Binet for two years. Jeffers Roxanne and Viktoriya Bonya were also his girlfriends in the past.
This footballer is a hardworking and passionate individual hungry for success and was always the same from his childhood.
Marouane Fellaini Salary and Net Worth
Fellaini signed a contract with Chinese club Shangdong Luneng Taishan on 1 February, 2019, for a cost of £10.5m
In weeks: £362,000 or $ 485000
In a Year: £18,824,000 or $25000000
Fellaini’s Net Worth is $14 million as of 2021. Similarly, his overall salary and net worth are from playing football.
Marouane Fellaini Instagram
Instagram: 2.2 million followers
- Fellaini started his football career at an early age and got great guidance from his father, a former footballer.
- At age 8, Fellaini joined Anderlecht, developing his football skills.
- He scored 26 goals in first and scored 37 goals in the second season for Anderlecht.
- He stayed at Anderlecht till 10 years old and went to join Mons.
- At 17, he signed his first permanent contract with Standard Liege.
- In September 2008, Fellaini signed for Everton on a five-year deal, rejecting multiple offers from some huge football clubs.
- On 14 September 2008, he made his debut against Stroke City.
- He scored his first goal against Newcastle United in a 2-2 draw.
- Similarly, he scored 9 goals in his first season with 10 bookings in his first 17 games.
- Footballer Fellaini was named Everton’s Young Player of the Season at the end of 2008-2009.
- Due to the ankle injury in February 2011, he missed the rest of the 2010-2011 season.
- Next year he finished the season having won the most tackles, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else in the club.
- Same year, he had the second-highest number of tackles and had won 190 ball possessions.
- He played six seasons for Everton, scoring 33 goals in 177 appearances.
- On 2 September 2013, footballer Fellaini signed a four-year contract with Manchester United in £27.5 million.
- He debuted on 14 September against Cristal Palace with a 2-0 win.
- On 17 September, he made his full debut against Bayer Leverkusen in the UEFA Champions League.
- Unfortunately, in April 2014, he was named one of the “10 Worst Buys of the Premier League season” by The Daily Telegraph.
- In 2014-15 pre-season first game, he scored a goal against Valencia coming as a substitute.
- On 2 December, he scored his first competitive home goal for Manchester United against Stroke City.
- In the 2015-16 season, he scored the third goal against Club Brugge , helping united to win in his first match.
- Manchester United activated a one-year extension clause in Fellaini’s contract unit the end of the 2017-18 season.
- Fellaini’s 2017-18 first goal came against Leicester City, in a 2-0 win.
- Footballer Fellaini signed a new two-year contract with United at the end of the season.
- Fellaini made 19 appearances in the 2018-19 season and for 2019 he had different plans.
- He scored 22 goals in 177 appearances in United for five and a half seasons.
Shangdong Luneng Taishan
- In January 2019, he agreed to sign with Chinese club Shangdong Luneng Taishan.
- In the first season with the club, he scored 13 goals in 34 appearances.
- He won the 2020 Chinese FA cup with Shangdong Luneng Taishan.
- He has also scored hat-tricks with 8 minutes in the Chinese League.
- In 2020, he scored 8 goals in 23 appearances.
International Career | Belgium
- Fellaini was eligible to play for either Morocco or Belgium, but he chose to play for Belgium.
- In February 2007, he made his debut for Belgium national team.
- He scored his senior team goal in 2-1 defeat against Portugal in UEFA Euro 2008 qualifier.
- At the 2008 Olympics, he represented the U-23 Belgium team, where they finished in fourth place, losing to Brazil.
- He scored a goal, appearing in seven matches for Belgium in the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign.
- On 4 June 2014, Fellaini was selected as 23-man Belgium national team for the 2014 World Cup Edition.
- He equalized a goal against Algeria in their first game of World Cup, and eventually getting 2-1 win.
- Fellaini’s and Belgium’s World Cup run ended when Argentina defeated them 1-0 in Brasilia.
- At the 2018 World Cup, Fellaini scored the equalizing goal against Japan, helping Belgium get a 3-2 win.
- On 7 March 2019, footballer Fellaini announced his retirement from international football.
- Likewise, he scored 18 goals in 87 appearances after playing 13 years with Belgium.
Was Fellaini good or bad at football?
Good and bad are two words that have always been associated with Fellaini. He is tall and has less speed but was usually the top player to cover most distance in a game. His skills may be limited, but he had his way which many managers loved about him. He has an impressive chest control which is satisfying to watch.
Once, David Moyes said he had the best chest controlling skill ever. Not only chest game, but his aerial performance is also phenomenal as well.
Fellaini might not be the best player to watch, but he can get into opponents nerves, forcing them to make mistakes and help his team create game-winning situations.
Technical skills may not always lead you to your expected result. Sometimes, a team requires a player who can score a simple header and win. This is exactly what Fellaini did in Everton and Manchester United. Being frustratingly tall for his opponents and with amazing chest control with aerial goals, he was plan B for many managers in his career. Many managers loved him under them as he was an element of surprise that nobody expects and does his job effectively.
Marouane Fellaini Stats:
|Appearances and goals by club|
|Shangdong Luneng Taishan||21||57|