Footballer Mathieu Valbuena is a professional French football player who plays as an attacking midfielder and a winger. He is currently playing for the Greek Super League club Olympiacos.
Due to his quickness, technical abilities, and dribbling skills, he becomes a significant threat to the opposing team. He can easily lure defenders with his pace and create space for other players for intense attacks.
He won Ligue 1 Goal of the Year in the 2007-08 season and was the top assist provider in 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons of Ligue 1.
Valbuena signed a one-year contract with Greek Super League Olympiacos on May 27, 2019.
Biography: Mathieu Valbuena
|Full Name||Mathieu Valbuena|
|Nickname||The little bike|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1984|
|Birth Place||Bruges, France|
|Father’s Name||Carlos Valbuena|
|Mother’s Name||Brigitte Valbuena|
|Siblings Name||Under Review|
|Height||5 ft 6 in / 167 cm|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Daughter’s Name||Lea Valbuena|
|Net Worth||$15 million (approx.)|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
|Last Updated||December 2021|
FooMathieu Valbuena was born on September 28, 1984, in Bruges, which is a commune in the French department of Gironde, region of Nouvelle-Aquitaine, southwestern France. His father, Carlos Valbuena, is of Spanish origin from Valladolid and works for the city council of Bordeaux. At the same time, his mother Brigitte Valbuena’s profession is under review.
His siblings’ information is also under review and will be updated as soon as possible. Mathieu started playing football at an early age at hometown club ES Blanquefort. During his youth period at school holidays, he often attended matches at the Camp Nou in Barcelona.
At the age of 9, Valbuena was involved in a serious accident while swimming and received 50 stitches in his legs. After recovering, he returned to football and was named Best Player in a local youth competition held at the Camp des Loges. On June 9, 2006, he signed his first professional deal with Olympique de Marseille
There is not much information about his education on the internet. But Valbuena could be well-educated. Information about his education will be updated as soon as possible.
Mathieu Valbuena FIFA 22 rating
There is no information on his FIFA 22 card in EA’s database. However, some reports suggested he got an overall rating of 77, with 67 on paces, 78 on dribbling, and 75 on shooting.
- Pace: 67
- Dribbling: 78
- Shooting: 75
- Defending: 34
- Passing: 79
- Physical: 47
Mathieu Valbuena Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
tbaMathieu Valbuena was born on 28 September 1984 in Bruges, France. He is 37 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Libra. He is a quick player with 5 feet 6 inches (167 cm) and weighs around 58 kg. His religious belief is under review at the moment.
He has brown eyes with dark brown hair. His shoe size and body measurements are under review at the moment.
Mathieu Valbuena Wife| Personal Life
Mathieu Valbuena has been married to Fanny Lafon since 2009, during his time at Marseille. The couple has a daughter named Lea Valbuena. She was born on February 28, 2016.
He has not been previously engaged or married, but some reports suggested he was in one relationship before he met Fanny Lafon.
Valbuena was involved in a sex tape controversy in 2015 with his former French teammate Karim Benzema involved in the controversy, which will be discussed in detail in the controversy section.
Mathieu Valbuena Controversy (Sex Tape Case)
In 2015, Valbuena was blackmailed by his former French teammate Karim Benzema claiming some of his friends had a sex tape of Valbuena and his wife. This news got viral among football communities. Benzema was not directly blackmailing him but rather forcing him to pay the amount blackmailers asked him. Later, Karim Benzema was found guilty. French court gave Benzema a one-year suspension and was ordered to pay $84,000 for the case.
This case affected Valbuena and his family. His wife deleted all her social media after the case.
Mathieu Valbuena Salary and Net Worth
Valbuena signed a contract with the Greek Super League club Olympiacos on May 27, 2019.
In weeks: £47,000
In a Year: £2,444,000
Valbuena‘s net worth is $15 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from playing football, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Mathieu Valbuena Social Media
- Valbuena started playing football from an early age at hometown club ES Blanquefort. At the age of 11, Mathieu started his professional football joining the junior team of Bayern Munich.
- During his youth period at school holidays, he often attended matches at the Camp Nou in Barcelona; he got motivated to be one of the best footballers.
- At the age of 9, he was involved in a serious accident while swimming and received 50 stitches in his legs. After recovering, he returned to football and was named Best Player in a local youth competition held at the Camp des Loges.
- He was recruited by professional club FC Girondins de Bordeaux.
- He was later recruited by Championnat National club Libourne Saint-Seurin, where he scored two goals with 20 appearances in the first season with the club.
- Valbuena scored some goals and displayed an amazing game helping Libourne Saint-Seurin promoting to Ligue 2 for the first time in history.
- Footballer Valbuena was named the league’s Player of the Year for this amazing effort.
- In a three-year deal, he signed his first professional contract with Olympique de Marseille on June 9, 2006.
- On June 9, 2006, Footballer Valbuena signed his first professional contract with Olympique de Marseille in a three-year deal and was assigned the number 28 shirt by manager Eric Gerets.
- Similarly, On July 15, 2006, he made his professional debut against Ukrainian club Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in the 2006 UEFA Intertoto Cup.
- On November 19, 2006, he made his league debut against Valenciennes as a substitute in a 1-0 win.
- In addition, On May 19, 2007, he scored his first professional goal for the club in a 2-1 win against Saint-Étienne.
- On September 18, 2007, he made his UEFA Champions League debut as a substitute in a 2–0 win over the Turkish club Beşiktaş.
- He scored in a
- 1-0 win over Liverpool in the following Champions League meeting at Anfield. The victory over Liverpool was the first for a French club at Anfield.
- Valbuena scored a goal from nearly 40 meters out against Caen on January 26, 2008, which was awarded Goal of the Year by the Ligue de Football Professionnel.
- In the 2009-10 season, he was an important part of the team for the team’s Ligue 1 title and Coupe de la Ligue.
- Footballer Valbuena scored the game-winning goal in the team’s last group stage encounter against German side Borussia Dortmund on December 6, after coming on as a 14-minute replacement. The goal, described by UEFA as “an unstoppable strike,” advanced Marseille to the knockout stage of the UEFA Champions League.
- He helped his team win a Ligue 1, three Coupe de la Ligue and Trophée des Champions.
- He scored 38 goals in 331 appearances for the club.
- Valbuena signed a three-year contract with Dynamo Moscow with a reported £6 million transfer on August 2, 2014.
- On August 13, 2014, he provided two assists against FC Ufa and against in his next game; he again provided two assists against FC Arsenal Tula.
- On August 28, 2014, Dynamo defeated AC Omonia in the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League playoffs round, with a free-kick performed by Valbuena, and qualified for the first time for the group stage a European competition.
- Footballer Mathieu scored his first goal for the club against FC Krasnodar on August 31, 2014.
- Footballer Valbuena scored six goals in 40 appearances for the club.
- Valbuena returned to Ligue 1 on August 11, 2015, signing a three-year contract with Lyon for a reported price of €5 million.
- In 76 appearances for the club, he scored 12 goals.
- Fenerbahçe signed Valbuena for three seasons for a €1.5 million transfer fee (with a €1 million
- incentive) on June 13, 2017.
- In 71 appearances for the club, he scored 12 goals.
- On May 27, 2019, Valbuena signed a one-year contract with Olympiacos of the Greek Superleague.
- advanced to the UEFA Champions League playoffs with his first goal for the club, a penalty in a 2–0 win against Istanbul Başakşehir F.K.
- Valbuena’s contract with Olympiacos was extended until the summer of 2021 on March 6, 2020.
- In 97 appearances for the club, he scored 12 goals.
International Career | France
- In March 2008, Valbuena was called by Coach Raymond Domenech for the team’s matches against England and Mali.
- In May 2010, he had his next call up to play in the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- On May 26, 2010, he made his national debut in a friendly match against Costa Rica and scored the game-winning goal in the team’s 2-1 victory.
- Similarly, On June 17, 2010, he made his World Cup debut against Mexico in a 2-0 loss.
- On September 17, 2010, he scored a goal against England at Wembley Stadium.
- Mathieu played in all ten of the team’s matches during the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification, scoring once against Georgia.
- He was named in France’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on May 13, 2014.
- He made his tournament debut against Honduras.
- In the second group fixture, he scored a 5–2 defeat of Switzerland to help the team qualify for the knockout stage.
- As of December 2021, he has scored eight goals in 52 matches.
Mathieu Valbuena Total Goals
|Appearances and goals by club|