Michael Jordan Wife name is Yvette Prieto. Michael Jordan is an NBA legend. His fans worldwide consider him one of the best basketball players. In total, Michael Jordan full name is Michael Jeffrey Jordan.
Michael Jordan is a former American basketball player who guided the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and won the Most Valuable Player Award five times.
Michael Jordan was the most brutal, unapologetic talent in the NBA of his time. His will to succeed was so acute that it took a toll on the players he played with, but his excellence, his aura of invincibility, was so greatly more than what could be sensed on the basketball court.
Off the court, Michael was a husband, a father, and someone who sincerely cared about his family. We all know how he went to play baseball after the miserable death of his father. His love for winning has been misunderstood many times.
But his commitment to his family and his loved ones has always been highly considered. He represented being a great athlete and being an equally acceptable family man.
If you are a fan of NBA player Michael Jordan, stay with us for this article. We have covered his wife’s details, Net worth. Similarly in this blog, we have provided information about Michael Jordan height, salary, and children too.
Michael Jordan: Quick facts
|Full Name||Michael Jeffrey Jordan|
|Nickname||Michael, Air Jordan|
|Date of Birth||17 February 1963|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Age||59 years old|
|Father’s Name||James Jordan|
|Mother’s Name||Delores Jordan|
|Sister/brother name||James Jr, Roslyn, Deloris, and Larry|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree in Geography (The University of North Caroline at Chapel Hill)|
|Wife||Juanita Vanoy (1989-2006), Yvette Prieto (2013-present)|
|Children name||Jeffrey, Marcus and Jasmine (Juanita Vanoy), Victoria and Ysabel (Yvette Prieto)|
|Net Worth||$1.7 Billion|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
|Source of Wealth:||Basketball Player|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Who is Michael Jordan wife?
Micheal Jordan is currently married to Yvette Prieto. Prieto is a Cuban-American model who got married to Jordan in 2013.
The pair met each other for the first time after Jordan’s divorce from his ex-wife Juanita. Furthermore, Yvette and Jordan moved in together in 2009 and got engaged.
Their $ 9.45 million/ 8 million pound sterling was attended by various stars like Tiger Woods, Usher, and Robin Thicke.
Eventually, the couple was blessed with identical twin daughters Ysabel and Victoria, after one year of their marriage. It’s been 9 years of their marriage and the couple is still intact and living their best lives in privacy away from the limelight.
NBA legend Jordan was born on February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York. Extending up in Wilmington, North Carolina, Jordan created a competitive advantage early. He enjoyed winning every match he played.
His mother’s name is Delores. By profession, Delores was a bank teller. She is also a book writer and has gained lots of popularity.
Likewise, NBA player Michael’s father’s name is James Jordan. By profession, James was a maintenance employee. Later on, with his hard work, he was promoted to director at General Electric.
Jordan grew up with his father and mother. Similarly, he was raised with his loveable siblings. Jordan had four siblings: Larry, Deloris, Roslyn, and James Jr.
Jordan’s father, James, instructed him to play baseball and built a basketball court in their backyard. James was killed in 1993 when two teenagers shot him in his car in an alleged robbery as he was driving from Charlotte to Wilmington, North Carolina.
He went away for 11 days until his body was discovered in a swamp in McColl, South Carolina. Later, the teens were tested and condemned for the crime and received life punishments for first-degree murder.
Michael Jordan Kids
Jordan and Prieto have two children together’ Ysabel and Victoria. Jordan was formerly married to Juanita Vanoy, with whom he has three children Jeffrey, Marcus, and Jasmine.
Who is Michael Jordan Ex-wife?
Micheal Jordan and Juanita Vanoy pointed out for divorce in 2002, indicating marriage termination differences, but negotiated shortly after that. The couple also filed for divorce a few years after, in 2006, before it was mutually and amicably resolved.
Micheal Jordan’s divorce from his ex-wife was one of the famous celebrity divorce pavements. Reportedly, the Bulls legend paid $168 million in settlement of the divorce.
The NBA legend got admitted to the University of North Carolina situated at Chapel Hill. Since joining the University in 1981, Jordan became a vital part of the School’s basketball team.
Moreover, UNC went on to beat the NCAA Division I championship in 1982. Jordan scored the final basket required to win the Championship. Eventually, Jordan was also recognized as the NCAA College Player of the Year in 1983 and 1984 for his amazing back-to-back performances.
However, Micheal left his college after the completion of his junior year to join the NBA in 1984. Jordan finished his bachelor’s degree in geography later in 1985 and continued to play basketball professionally.
- Jordan began his professional basketball career when the Chicago Bulls drafted him in 1984 as the third overall pick, behind Hakeem Olajuwon, and Sam Bowie. This draft also featured legendary players John Stockton and Charles Barkley.
- Jordan soon proved himself on the court. He helped the team make the playoffs and scored an average of 28.2 points per game that season.
- For his efforts, Jordan received the NBA Rookie of the Year Award and was selected for the All-Star Game.
- While his second season was marred by injury, he broke new ground on the court during the 1986–87 season. He became the first player since Wilt Chamberlain to score more than 3,000 points in a single season.
- By the late 1980s, the Chicago Bulls were quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with, and Jordan was an instrumental part of the team’s success.
- The Bulls made it to the Eastern Conference Finals in 1990 and won their first NBA championship the following year by defeating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jordan was well known by then for his superior athleticism on the court and his leadership abilities.
- In 1992, the Chicago Bulls beat the Portland Trail Blazers to win their second NBA championship. The team took their third championship the following year, dominating the basketball world.
- Following a short stint in minor league baseball in March 1995, Jordan returned to the basketball court for the Chicago Bulls.
- He came back even stronger the following year, averaging 30.4 points per game to lead the Bulls to 72 regular-season wins before defeating the Seattle SuperSonics for the NBA championship.
- Chicago nearly matched the previous year’s record with 69 wins in 1996-97, a season that ended with a game six win over the Utah Jazz in the NBA Finals.
- The two teams faced each other again for the championship in 1998, with Jordan sinking the winning shot in Game 6 to claim his sixth NBA title.
After his second retirement from basketball in 1999, Jordan joined the Washington Wizards in 2000 as a part-owner and as president of basketball operations.
In the fall of 2001, Jordan relinquished these roles to return to the court once more. Furthermore, he played for the Wizards for two seasons before retiring in 2003.
During the summer of 1984, Jordan made his first appearance as a U.S. Olympic basketball team member at the Olympic Games. The team won the gold at the games held in Los Angeles.
Evenually, Jordan later helped the American team bring home the gold medal at the 1992 Olympic Games, held in Barcelona, Spain.
Retirements from Basketball
Jordan is famous for his quick plays and scores. however, the Chicago Bulls legend is also quite famous for his retirement. In his 19 years long basketball career, Jordan retired altogether three times. The NBA star took his 1st retirement in 1993.
Furthermore, his 2nd retirement came in the year 1998. Lastly, he retired from the court once again in 2003.
Businessman and Actor
Jordan has been involved in several profitable business and commercial ventures outside of his basketball career. Between his fruitful Nike partnership and his ownership of the Charlotte Hornets, Forbes estimated Jordan’s net worth to be over $1 billion in 2018.
Jordan received his first Most Valuable Player Award from the NBA in 1988—an honor he would earn four more times in 1991, 1992, 1996, and 1998. In April 2009, Jordan received one of basketball’s most significant honors: He was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
Micheal described his feelings to be one of the bitter experiences of his life while attending this ceremony. According to the legend attending this ceremony meant that his basketball career is completely over.
In 2016, Jordan was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
Michael Jordan Instagram
Michael Jordan likes using social media venues like Instagram and Twitter. However, he is not so active on those platforms. The reason is that Michael has achieved good fame and name as an NBA Legend basketball player, and he does not want to share many details about his parents, brother, siblings, etc.
Moreover, Jordan wants to keep them away from her social account. Illustrated details about his social media presence are stated down below:
Instagram: 320k followers
Twitter: 4.3 million followers
Michael Jordan Net Worth
Michael is one of the wealthiest athletes alive. Moreover, the NBA legend made less than $100 million while playing NBA. Eventually, he quickly gathered his net worth with his various business ideas.
Likewise, a brand endorsement like Nike was quickly adding up to his paycheck. As of 2022, Forbes has estimated his net worth to be $1.7 billion.
Aside from brand endorsements, Jordan has also invested in businesses. He owns sprawling estates, a golf course, an NBA team, restaurants, and a private interest in DraftKings.
An interesting fact about Michael Jordan and his wife
- Michael Jordan wife’s name is Yvette Prieto. Michael Jordan is an NBA legend.
- Michael Jordan is married to Cuban-American model Yvette Prieto, who he encountered a year after divorcing his ex-wife Juanita.
- Jordan was born on February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York.
- James’s father was a maintenance employee turned director at General Electric. Jordan had four siblings: Larry, Deloris, Roslyn, and James Jr.
- Jordan made his first appearance as a U.S. Olympic basketball team member at the Olympic Games. The team won the gold at the games held in Los Angeles.
Some questions regarding Michael Jordan
Can Michael Jordan be called Billionaire?
Some years ago, Forbes announced Michael, a Billionaire. Since he earns a lot and has a record of millions of donations, Michael can be called a Billionaire.
What is “The Last Dance”?
The Last Dance is a documentary film of Michael Jordan while being on 1997-98 the Chicago Bulls team. It contains more than 500 hours of footage from his live game.
What was Michael Jordan’s mentality?
Michael was an influential and hardworking athlete. He was dedicated to his career and was a beacon of hope for many young basketball fans.