Moussa Dembele is a Belgian professional football player playing as a central midfielder for Chinese Club Guangzhou City. Due to his excellent dribbling skills, amazing ball and possession control, and good defensive abilities, Moussa is considered one of the best box-to-box mid-fielders globally. He spent six and half years playing for the English Club Tottenham Hotspur, the longest time he paid for a single club.
On 17 January 2019, he joined the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou City for a reported fee of £11 million. As of 9 December 2021, he has scored 67 goals in 584 matches for all the clubs he’s been in.
Moussa Dembele: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembele|
|Date of Birth||16 July 1987|
|Birth Place||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Father’s Name||Yaya Dembele|
|Mother’s Name||Tilly Huygens|
|Height||6 Feet 1 Inch (185 cm)|
|Weight||88 kg (190 lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Under review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Wife||Naomi Solange Singles|
|Children||Fellah Dembele, Maleec Dembele|
|Net Worth||£29 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
|Last Updated||Jan 2022|
Moussa Dembele was born on 16 July 1987 in Antwerp, a port city on Belgium’s River Scheldt. His father, Yaya Dembele is Malian, while his mother, Tilly Huygens, is a Belgian of Flemish ethnicity and is a professional painter.
Dembele fell in love with football from an early age. He joined the youth team of K. Berchem Sport, a Belgian association football club. He started improving his football skills through the Club.
Footballer Dembele enrolled in High School at the age of 16. He was an excellent student from his childhood. After completing his high school education, Dembele joined a public US state university to complete his Bachelor’s Degree.
Moussa Dembele Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Moussa Dembele is 34 years old as of 2021, born in 1987. He is a citizen of Belgium and is of mixed ethnicity. Dembele stands 6 feet 1 inches (185 cm) tall and is a physically strong player. He weighs around 88 kg.
His eyes are dark brown and naturally have curly black hair. His body measurements are under review at the moment.
Who is Moussa Dembele Wife?
Since 2011, he has been in a relationship with Naomi Solange Singles. They have two beautiful children. Their son, Maleec Dembele, was born in September 2014 and their daughter, Fellah Dembele, was born in June 2017.
According to some reports, Dembele was at least in one relationship before seeing Naomi Solange Singles. His wife has always supported him throughout his career. Numerous pictures of his family can be found in his Social media.
Dembele is a kind of person who follows the Muslim religion. He converted to Muslim seven years ago. On 2 March 2017, Dembele visited a Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice Charity shop in Barnet to volunteer for the Tottenham Hotspur’s Official Charity Partner.
Moussa Dembele Salary and Net Worth
Dembele signed a contract with the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou City on 17 January 2019, with a reported fee of £11 million. Chinese clubs pay huge amounts of money to players. That’s the reason European players plays at China near the end of their career.
Moussa Dembele‘s Salary:
In weeks: £150,000
In a Year: £7,800,000
Dembele’s net worth is £29 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from playing football, sponsorships and endorsements.
Moussa Dembele Instagram
- Instagram: 573k Followers
- Dembele started playing football at an early age.
- He joined the youth team of K. Berchem Sport, a Belgian association football club.
- In 2004, he started his professional career for Germinal Beerschot, a team in Belgian Pro League.
- On 24 April 2004, he made his debut against Charleroi.
- In 2005, he was interested by one of the biggest clubs in the Netherlands, AFC Ajax.
- But he signed for the youth section of Willem II, which is a club in Netherlands.
- After minimum playing time, he was transferred to another Dutch club AZ Alkmaar.
- He became of the most important players for the Club and this is where his career started to grow.
- In 2005, Dembele was signed by the Willem II, where he played for the youth side.
- He spent 2005-06 season with the Club.
- He scored nine times in the season even when the Club had a poor season.
- After the season, many bigger Eredivisie teams were interested in signing him.
- Moussa scored 10 goals in 39 appearances for the Club.
- In the summer of 2006, he was signed by Eredivisie club AZ Alkmaar with the manager being Louis van Gaal.
- Dembele was one of the most important players for Louis van Gaal in 2006-07 season.
- Dembele scored just after two minutes against Ajax in the play-off final for qualification of Champions League but eventually lost in 8-7 penalty shootout.
- He scored six goals in that season.
- He scored four goals in 2007-08 season but the club performance were very poor as they finished 12th in league.
- The 2008-09 season were very good for the team and Dembele as they won the championship.
- He scored 37 goals in 160 appearances for the Club.
- After declining the offer from Birmingham City, he joined London club Fulham on 18 August 2010 on a three-year deal for £5 million.
- On 22 August 2010, he made his debut for the Club, coming as a substitute against Manchester United.
- On 25 August, He capped his first start for the Club with a goal, scoring the second of six goals against Port Vale and the Leauge cup.
- He won Fullham “Goal of the Season”, when he scored a great solo goal against his future team Tottenham Hotspur.
- In 9 May, he scored his third Premier League goal against Liverpool.
- He scored 7 goals in 75 appearances for the Club.
- On 29 August 2012, he was bought by Tottenham Hotspur with a release clause of £15 million.
- On 1 September, he scored on his debut game for the Club against Norwich City in a 1-1 home draw.
- He helped Tottenham reach the last 16 of UEFA Europa League by scoring a 90th minute goal against Olympique Lyonnais.
- The 2016-17 were not going well for him as he suffered from a recurring injury to his foot and missed some games.
- In April 2017, Tottenham’s manager, Mauricio Pochettino described him as a genius footballer and among the best players Pochettino worked with.
- He suffered from multiple injuries during his time in the Club but always managed to be one of the best players of the Club at the end of every season.
- In early November of 2018-19 season, he suffered an ankle ligament injury in the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers that kept him out of the team for the rest of the season.
- This would be his last game for Tottenham Hotspur. After staying for six and half years, he scored 10 goals in 250 appearances for the Club.
Guangzhou R&F/Guangzhou City
- In the January 2019 transfer window, Tottenham agreed to sell Dembele to Chinese Super League club, Beijing Guoan, but due to some complications with the deal, he was signed by Guangzhou City for a reported fee of£11 million.
- As of 2021, he has scored 1 goal in 37 appearances for the Club.
- On 20 May 2006, Dembele made his first international appearance against Slovakia coming as a substitute.
- In October 2006, Moussa scored his first international goal against Azerbaijan.
- In the 2008 Summer Olympics, he put some amazing games as a midfielder, scoring some goals throughout the tournament.
- He scored two goals against Italy in quarter-finals. Score line was 3-2, with his second goal being defining goal of the match.
- But the team lost against Nigeria in semi-finals and lost against Brazil in the third place play-offs.
- He played all six of the games for Belgium in the Olympics.
- He was named in Belgium’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on 13 May 2014 and played 65 minutes in midfield before being substituted.
- On 7 March 2019, he announced his retirement from the international football.
- He scored 5 goals in 82 appearances for the national team.
Moussa Dembele Stats:
|Appearances and goals by Club|
|Guangzhou R&F/Guangzhou City||1||37|