Nemanja Vidic is a former professional footballer who played as a center-back. Vidic spent most of his football career with Manchester United and was part of the Serbia national team.He had strong physic, strength, and excellent aerial abilities, making him a goal threat on set pieces. Due to his pace, technique, and defensive skills, he is considered one of the greatest center-back of his time.
Footballer Vidic won the Premier League Player of the Season two times and Manchester United Player once. He retired from international football after Serbia national team failed to qualify for the 2012 European Championship and retired from club football on January 29, 2016.
|Full Name||Nemanja Vidic|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1981|
|Birth Place||Titovo Užice, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Father’s Name||Dragoljub Vidic|
|Mother’s Name||Zora Vidic|
|Brother’s Name||Dusanko Vidic|
|Height||6 ft 2 in / 189 cm|
|Weight||194 lb / 88 kg|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Children name||Luka Vidic, Stefan Vidic and Petar Vidic|
|Net Worth||$14 million (approx.)|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
|Last Updated||December 2021|
Nemanja Vidic was born on October 21, 1981, in Titovo, the administrative center of the Zlatibor District in western Serbia. His father, Dragoljub Vidic, used to work at the copper factory, while his mother, Zora Vidic, works as a bank clerk. Vidic has an older brother Dusanko Vidic, who was also a professional European football player. However, Dusanko Vidic’s career didn’t go as well as his younger brother Nemanja Vidic.
Likewise, Vidic started playing football at the age of 6. With his older brother Dusanko, he played with the local football club Jedinstvo Užice. At the age of 12, Footballer Vidic moved to Sloboda Užice, a professional Serbian football club from Užice. Two-and-a-half years after signing for Sloboda Užice, Red Star Belgrade signed Vidic to their youth system.
There is not much information about Vidic education on the internet as Vidic is a private kind of guy but will be updated as soon as his education information is available.
However, some reports suggested he completed his Bachelor’s Degree from Belgrade.
Nemanja Vidic FIFA 22 rating
Nemanja Vidic FIFA 22 card is an ICON gold card available in FIFA 22 packs. He has two* skills and 2* weak foot and is Right footed payer. His overall rating is 85, with 86 on defending, 60 on dribbling, and 77 on paces.
- Pace: 77
- Dribbling: 60
- Shooting: 46
- Defending: 86
- Passing: 55
- Physical: 87
Nemanja Vidic Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Vidic was born on October 21, 1981, in Titovo Užice, SFR, Yugoslavia. He is 40 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Libra. He is physically strong at 6 feet 2 inches (189 cm) and weighs around 88 kg.
He is Christian.His eyes are bluish, and he has blonde hair. His shoe size and body measurements are under review at the moment.
Nemanja Vidic Wife| Personal Life
On July 17, 2006, he got married to Ana Vidic. The couples have three sons named Luka, Stefan, and Petar. He has not been previously engaged or married, but some reports suggested he was in one relationship before he met Ana Vidic.
These are the only personal information about Vidic at the moment but will be updated as soon as possible.
Nemanja Vidic Quotes (Quotes on Vidic)
Here are some of the best quotes on Vidic.
· “Nemanja must have realized quite early on that he was not strong enough to play in the center of defense at that time, so he did something about it. For the next year, every time I walked past the gym, I would see Nemanja in there lifting weights”- Paul Scholes.
· “How many center-halves can you name who like defending? Vidic liked it. He loved the challenge of sticking his head in there. You could tell that the thrill of contesting those 50-50 balls animated him.”- Sir Alex Ferguson.
· “When I think of him as a footballer, Nemanja puts his head where other players are scared to put their feet. That’s Nemanja”- Robin van Persie
These are only some of the quotes on him; other multiple quotes by footballers and managers can be found on the internet.
Nemanja Vidic Chant
Football is famous for having chants for some players. Fans sing these chants most of the time during games making the stadium’s environment purely energetic.
Vidic got his chant from fans, starting with “Nemanja whoa, Nemanja whoa, He comes from Serbia….”This chant can be found on YouTube.
Nemanja Vidic Salary and Net Worth
Vidic‘s Net Worth is $14 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from football, Endorsements, and business. His salary is under review at the moment.
Nemanja Vidic Social Media
It seems like he is not active on social media, and his social media links will be updated as soon as any of them are found.
- Vidic started his football career at the age of 6 and started playing with his older brother Dusanko, with local football club Jedinstvo Užice.
- At the age of 11, Vidic started his professional football joining the junior team of Bayern Munich.
- Likewise, at the age of 12, he moved to Sloboda Užice, a professional Serbian football club from Užice.
- Similarly, Two-and-a-half years after signing for Sloboda Užice, Red Star Belgrade signed Vidic to their youth system.
- He was loaned to Spartak Subotica in 2000, starting his senior career.
- He moved back to Red Star Belgrade, where he won the 2001–02 Yugoslav Cup.
- After his amazing performance in the previous year, he was awarded the captain’s armband.
- He scored 12 goals in 67 matches during his captaincy and led Red Star Belgrade to a domestic double.
- Footballer Vidic won the 2004 Serbia and Montenegro League and Serbia and Montenegro Cup trophies with Red Star.
- In July 2004, Vidic joined Russian Premier League side Spartak Moscow with undisclosed details of the transfer.
- On December 25, 2005, Vidic signed for English club Manchester United for around £7 million.
- On January 25, 2006, he was assigned the number 15 shirt and made his debut as a substitute against Blackburn Rovers in a 2-1 win.
- He won his first trophy with the club on February 16, 2006, competing against Wigan Athletic in the 2006 League Cup final.
- During the 2006–07 Premier League season, Vidic formed a partnership with Rio Ferdinand in the center of defense, becoming one of the most prominent European football partnerships and becoming an established first-team player.
- He made 25 appearances for the club in the 2006-07 season, winning the Premier League title.
- On October 14, 2006, he scored his first goal against Wigan Athletic in a 1-3 win.
- On December 6, he scored his first Champions League goal for Manchester United against Benfica in a 3-1 victory.
- Footballer Vidic signed a five-year deal with the club on November 8, 2007.
- He won the second Premier League title and 2008 UEFA Champions League in the 2007-08 season.
- Vidic was a key player for United’s 14 consecutive clean sheets in the 2008-09 Premier League.
- Similarly, he won Premier League Player of the season and Manchester United Player in 2008-09.
- In the 2010-11 season, he became permanent captain for Manchester United.
- He led Manchester United to their third consecutive Premier League with his captaincy.
- Vidic announced that he would leave Manchester United at the end of the 2013-14 season on February 7, 2014.
- He played his last home match for Manchester United on May 6 against Hull City.
- He scored 21 goals in 300 appearances for the club.
- In 2014, Inter Milan football club announced that Vidic would be joining them at the end of his contract in July 2014.
- On July 30, 2014, he made his debut for the club against Manchester United.
- Similarly, On 11th January 2015, he scored his first goal against Genoa in a 3-1 win.
- On January 29, 2016, he announced his retirement with immediate effect.
- He scored only one goal with 28 appearances with the club.
- On October 12, 2002, he debuted for A Yugoslavian youth international against Italy in UEFA Euro 2004 qualification.
- He was part of Serbia and Montenegro’s “Famous Four” defense, alongside Mladen Krstajić, Ivica Dragutinović, and Goran Gavrančić. This defense just conceded one goal in 10 qualify matched in FIFA World Cup qualification.
- On June 12, 2006, he injured his left knee ligament during training, which kept him out of the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
- On October 24, 2011, Vidic announced his retirement from the Serbian national team.
- In his international career, he scored two goals in 56 matches.
Nemanja Vidic Total Goals
|Appearances and goals by club|
|Red Star Belgrade||16||95|
|Spartak Subotica (loan)||6||27|