Oscar is a Brazilian professional football player who plays as an attacking midfielder for Shanghai Port, which is a Chinese Super League club. He was last called for the Brazilian national team to play 2018 World Cup qualifiers in 2016. At the peak of his career, he was considered as one of the best offensive midfielders in the world. He has multiple title wins with his teams, helping them as one of the best players on the ground.
On 23 December 2016, Chelsea agreed to their terms with Shanghai Port FC for Oscar’s transfer in the Chinese Super League for a reported £67 million. Oscar was reported to have signed four-year contract with the club.
Oscar: Quick Facts:
|Full Name||Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior|
|Date of Birth||9 September 1991|
|Birth Place||Americana, Brazil|
|Father’s Name||Oscar dos Santos Emboaba|
|Mother’s Name||Suely Alvez|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.79 m)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lbs.)|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Children||Caio Emboaba, Júlia Emboaba|
|Net Worth||€70 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
Oscar was born on 9 September 1991 with Brazilian parents in Americana, which is a city in São Paulo to his late father, Oscar dos Santos Emboaba and his mother, Suely Alvez. His father died in a traffic accident when he was 3 years old.
Oscar’s childhood is not much known, but he started playing football at a young age. Oscar started playing football from youth academy at União Barbarense from an early age. From there he was spotted by talent scouts and was taken to the state capital to join Sao Paulo FC in 2004 at the age of 13.
On 28 August 2008, he made his professional debut in the second leg of the first stage of the Copa Sudamericana. Same year he made 11 substitute appearances for the team in the Campeonato Brasileiro Seria A.
His education is not much known, but he joined the academy at União Barbarense at an early age where he might have got his primary level education.
Oscar Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Oscar is 30 years old as of 2021 as he was born in 1991. He is a citizen of Brazil. Oscar stands 5 feet 10 inches (179 cm) tall and is a physically strong player. He weighs around 67 kg.
His eyes are dark brown and naturally have a dark brown color. His body measurements are under review at the moment.
Who is Oscar Wife?
Oscar married love of his life, Ludmila Emboaba, in 2011. They started dating in 2009 and have been together for around 12 years.
They both are 30 years of age and are in a healthy relationship. Oscar had at least 1 relationship before this one and hasn’t been engaged previously.
Oscar’s first child, daughter Júlia Emboaba was born in 2014 and is currently 7 year old, while his second child, son Caio Emboaba was born in 2016 and is currently 5 year old. Oscar is a simple guy, who has only been in few relationships.
Oscar Salary and Net Worth
After coming to China from Europe, Oscar’s yearly income was way more as china pays more than European Clubs. Oscar signed contract with Chinese club Shanghai Port on 23 December 2016, for a cost of £67 million
In weeks: £400,000 or $ 530000
In a Year: $27M or £2045000
Oscar Net Worth is $70 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from playing football and gets $1.7 million from Endorsements.
Instagram: 5.4 million followers
- Oscar started playing football at an early age.
- He joined the youth academy at União Barbarense and was impressive from an early age.
- He was spotted by talent scouts and was taken to state’s capital to join Sao Paulo FC in 2004 at the age of 13.
- On 28 August 2008, he made his professional debut in the second leg of the first stage of Copa Sudamericana.
- Due to some disputes between Oscar and Sao Paulo FC as he was not paid as promised, he left Sao Paulo FC.
- He then joined Internacional as a free agent.
- Sao Paulo FC lodged legal appeals which prevented Oscar from playing for Internacional. After some heated interactions, both teams came to an agreement of €6 million transfer fee.
- He finished the season with Internacional with 10 goals from 26 games.
- Oscar was signed by Chelsea on 25 July 2012 with the transfer fee of R$61.575 million on a five-year contract.
- On opening game of 2012-2013 season against Wigan Athletic, Oscar made his debut for Chelsea by coming in the 64th minute.
- In the match against Juventus in Chelsea’s first Champions League game, Oscar made his first start of the season. He scored two goals in first half helping his team in 2-2 draw.
- Three days later, he made his first Premier League start against Stroke City.
- After this amazing performance in Champions League, he was a regular starter at Chelsea under Roberto Di Matteo.
- He scored his third goal again in Champions League, against Shakhtar Donetsk in Chelsea’s 1-2 loss.
- On 23 December, Oscar scored his first Premier League goal against Aston Villa in 8-0 win.
- His second goal of two goals against Juventus was name Chelsea’s “Goal of the Season”.
- In 2013-14 season, Oscar scored Chelsea’s opening goal against Hull City in 2-0 win.
- On 1 January 2014, Oscar helped Chelsea to win against Southampton by scoring a goal and providing an assist.
- He scored his fourth and fifth goal against Arsenal, which was under Arsene Wenger.
- After a collision with Arsenal’s goalkeeper, David Ospina in 0-0 draw, he was hospitalized after suffering a head injury on 26 April 2015.
- On 31 January 2016, Oscar scored a first-half hat-trick against MK Dons in FA Cup.
- Oscar made his 200th appearance for Chelsea on 26 October 2016.
- He scored 38 goals in 203 appearances for Chelsea.
- Chinese Super League club, Shanghai Port was reported to have signed Oscar in a four-year contract during the January transfer window for£67 million on 23 December 2016.
- With salary being £400,000 weekly, he was amongst the highest paid footballer in the world.
- After signing with the Chinese club, he revealed that many European clubs were interested in him but he chose to play in china as china pays way more than Europe that players find hard to refuse.
- On 7 February 2017, he made his official debut and scored the first goal of a 3-0 win against Sukhothai in 2017 AFC Champions League qualifying play-off.
- He missed two penalty kicks in a match against Urawa Red Diamonds in 1-0 loss.
- He scored his first league goal with a penalty on 21 April 2017 in 3-0 win against Hebei China Fortune.
- Due to kicking the ball twice into Guangzhou players on 18 June 2017, he was banned for 8 matches and fined 40,000 RMB for his behavior.
- He has scored 44 goals in 146 appearances for the club.
International Career | Brazil
- Oscar scored a hat-trick giving his team the final win against Portugal in the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup final on 20 August 2011, becoming the first player to ever score a hat-trick in FIFA U-20 World Cup final.
- He was named into the Brazilian squad for 2012 Olympics, where he and Neymar were the two prodigies that scored or assisted all goals in the completion.
- Unfortunately, they lost their final match against Mexico 2-1.
- Oscar got the chance to play in the senior team as a substitute against Argentina in a 0-0 draw.
- He scored his first international goal against Argentina in a friendly match in June 2012.
- Oscar started and played all the matches in 2013 FIFA Confederation Cup.
- He helped to lift 2013 FIFA Confederation Cup by providing an assists to Neymar in the final match against Spain in 3-0 win.
- In the opening match in 2014 FIFA World Cup against Croatia, he scored in injury time helping his team get 3-1 win.
- Though this happiness was soon shattered by German team, as Germany scored record breaking 7 goals against Brazil, with Brazil scoring only 1 goal.
- This was one of the most humiliating defeats in FIFA World Cup history. Only Oscar managed score a goal against Germany for Brazil.
- He played and started every match for Brazil in 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He was not include in 2015 Copa America as he had an injury in training.
- October 2016 was the last time he was called for Brazilian team for 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
- He scored 12 goals for Brazilian national team in 48 appearances.
|Appearances and goals by club|