Patrice Evra is a French coach and former professional football player who played as a Left Back. He is currently a trainee coach at Manchester United’s academy.
Due to his aggressive plays, intelligent tactics, and great leadership skills, he was considered one of the best players in football.
He has multiple individual awards and titles for the clubs he played for. He won English Premier League 5 times for Manchester United and was one of the most important players for Manchester United for these titles.
In July 2019, after remaining a free agent for a year, he announced his retirement from professional football.
|Full Name||Patrice Latyr Evra|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1981|
|Birth Place||Dakar, Senegal|
|Father’s Name||Under Review|
|Mother’s Name||Juliette Evra|
|Height||5 ft 8 in / 173 cm|
|Weight||163 lb / 74 kg|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Wife||Sandra Evra (Divorced)
|Children name||Lenny Evra(Son) and
Moana Evra(Daughter) with Sandra Evra
|Net Worth||$10.5 million (approx.)|
|Social Media Presence||Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
|Last Updated||December 2021|
Evra was born on 15th May 1981, in Dakar, which is the capital of Senegal, in West Africa, to a father of Guinean descent and Juliette Evra, a Cape Verdean mother. He is one of the 24 children of his parents.
As his father was a diplomat, his family moved to Brussels in Belgium to work at the Senegalese embassy. At the age of three, his family moved to France and settled in Les Ulis, a commune south of Paris. Shortly after, his family moved to Hautes Plaines. He soon was westernized while growing up in France, even though he was of Senegalese culture.
Footballer Evra started playing football at an early age in the streets of his hometown. He started his football career playing for hometown club Co Les Ulis. Evra struggled to get into good clubs during his early career because of his small size. He gave trials at different big clubs but unfortunately failed to get in the south side of the clubs.
However, with his great determination and hard work, he signed his first professional contract with Serie C1 club Marsala at the age of 17. Only after one season, he developed himself as a promising youngster, climbing his way to Serie B to join Monza for a €250,000 transfer fee.
There is not much information about his education on the internet, but it will be updated as soon as the information on his education is available.
However, Evra revealed some shocking events from his childhood ahead of his new autobiography. Footballer Patrice Evra revealed that he was sexually abused as a teenager by his school teacher. He wanted the world to know this to help other kids fight against it, who may be going through abuse at the moment.
Patrice Evra FIFA 22 rating
Patrice Evra FIFA 22 ratings are not available in EA’s database. So, here are his FIFA 18 ratings. He got some nice ratings with 90 on defending, 87 on dribbling, and 89 on paces.
- Pace: 89
- Dribbling: 87
- Shooting: 60
- Defending: 90
- Passing: 85
- Physical: 86
Patrice Evra Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Footballer Patrice Evra was born on 15th May 1981 in Dakar, Senegal. He is 40 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Taurus. He is physically strong with a height of 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) and weighs around 74 kg. He follows the Islamic religion and is of mixed ethnicity.
His shoe size is under review at the moment and will be updated as soon as possible. Evra eyes are black, and he has black hair. His body measurements are also under review at the moment and will be updated as soon as possible.
On January 28, 2020, Evra posted on Instagram about his fitness plan that can transform anyone from unhealthy shape to healthy shape and released a £20 (A$38.50) fitness e-guide which can be easily found on the internet.
Evra Personal Wife | Personal Life
At the age of 14, Sandra met Evra in high school and has been together since then. They got married on July 7, 2007, after a long-living relationship. The couple has two children. Lenny Evra and Moana Evra are their son and daughter, respectively.
However, Evra was secretly in a relationship with a doctor, Gabriella Birley. They also had two children together. After Sandra found about this relation with Evra, she was heartbroken and decided to separate her path from Evra.
As of 2021, he is engaged to Danish model Margaux Alexandra and is set to be married to her as soon as possible.
He loves the phrase “I love this game” and can be seen him saying this phrase on his social media videos, posts, etc. This phrase reminds him of how fortunate he is to live his life, not only when he became successful, but he said that he loved his life even when he was poor.
Patrice Evra Charity Work
Evra has been involved in various charities throughout his career and still is involved in some charities.
Due to Covid-19, Evra hoped to raise £500,000 for the meals of National Health Service workers, partnering with Lineage, a food storage company that aimed to donate 100 million meals worldwide to people in need during Covid-19.
He also helps UNICEF to raise funds by organizing charity matches with some huge celebrities and football starts.
Patrice Evra’s Controversy
On October 15, 2011, during a match between Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield, Luis Suarez racially abused Evra during the on-pitch argument. The Football Association later found guilty and banned Suarez for ten matches. Evra also revealed that he received multiple death threats during this racial abuse.
In 2018, Evra posted a video on Instagram licking raw chicken. This video soon got viral in the football community. Some people found it weird; some people found it disgusting. He soon apologized for the video, saying it was “a little bit nasty nasty.”
Patrice Evra Salary and Net Worth
Patrice Evra’s salary as trainee coach at Manchester United’s academy is under review at the moment and will be updated as soon as possible. Evra’s Net Worth is $10.5 million as of 2021. Footballer Evra overall salary and net worth are from football, Endorsements, and business.
He is currently developing his business on digital media.
Evra’s been involved in multiple football movies and documentaries. Anelka: Misunderstood and 1:1 Thierry Henry are two of the popular movies he’s been in.
On October 28, 2021, he published his autobiography named I Love This Game: The Autobiography.
Patrice Evra’s Social Media
- Evra started his football career from his hometown club CO Les Ulis.
- Patrice struggled to get into good clubs during his early career because of his small size. Evra gave trials at different big clubs but unfortunately failed to get in the south side of the clubs.
- While playing five-a-side football, he was spotted by an Italian scout and offered a trial with the professional club, Torino. After ten days of the trial, he was offered a place on the south side of the club.
- Footballer Evra signed his first professional contract with Serie C1 club Marsala at the age of 17.
- Only after one season, he developed himself as a promising youngster, climbing his way to Serie B to join Monza for a €250,000 transfer fee.
- He only appeared in three matches and left the club only after a season due to a lack of playing opportunities.
- In 2000, Evra returned to France and joined Ligue 2 professional club Nice.
- Initially, he played as a midfielder in the reserve team and appeared in 18 matches, scoring one goal.
- After some time, He was called into the first team and made his debut for the club on October 7, 2000, against Châteauroux in a 7-2 loss.
- Initially, he played as a center forward or as a mid-fielder.
- In the 2001-02 season, he was promoted to the first team permanently.
- Likewise, he scored the only goal for the club in the team’s last game against Laval in a 4-3 win.
- With that victory, Nice was promoted to Ligue 1 for the first time since 1997.
- He was named in the National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP) Ligue 2 Team of the Year in the left-back position.
- In 2002, Monaco signed him, which was also a Ligue 1 club, and started as a left-back as advised by the manager even though he wanted to play as a left-winger.
- In the first match of the 2002-03 season, he made his debut for the club against Troyes with a 4-0 win.
- Likewise, On September 28, he scored his first goal for the club against Rennes in a 2-1 victory, with his goal being the match-winner.
- On September 17, 2003, Evra made his first UEFA Champions League debut in the team’s opening match against PSV.
- Due to his amazing performance in the 2003-04 season, many big clubs were interested in signing him.
- Evra helped his team reach the 2004 UEFA Champions League finals by defeating Chelsea in the semi-finals but lost against Porto with a 3-0 scoreline.
- After the season, he was named UNFP Young Player of the Year award.
- On September 24, 2004, he signed a one-year contract extension with the club until 2008.
- On December 21, 2005, Evra made his last appearance for the club in a 1-0 win against Lille.
- He scored three goals in 163 appearances for the club.
- On January 6, 2006, Evra was signed by Premier League’s club Manchester United for a transfer fee of around £5.5 million in a three-and-a-half-year contract.
- Likewise, on January 14, 2006, he made his debut for the club against Manchester City in a 3-1 away defeat in Premier League.
- On February 26, he appeared as a substitute in United’s 4-0 win against Wigan Athletic in the 2006 League Cup final and finished the season with 14 appearances for the club.
- He scored his first goal and assisted the club in a 3-0 win against Everton.
- 2006-07 Premier League was won by Manchester United with 6 points margin against Chelsea, with Evra being one of the most important players on the team.
- He was named in the Professional Footballer’s Association (PFA) Team of the Year.
- Evra helped Manchester United to win the 2007-08 Premier League with 2 points margin against Chelsea and doubled their trophy that season by winning the 2008 UEFA Champions League against Chelsea again in a 6-5 penalty shootout.
- On June 12, he signed a four-year contract extension with the club, keeping him until 2012.
- Manchester United won Premier League for three consecutive years after winning the 2008-09 Premier League. They also won League Cup in the same season, with Evra being one of the best players for the club.
- On February 28, 2010, Evra captained Manchester United to a 2–1 win against Aston Villa in the 2010 League Cup final.
- He helped Manchester United win Premier League five consecutive times from 2006-2013.
- He scored ten goals in 379 appearances for the club.
- On July 21, 2014, he was signed by the Italian club Juventus on a two-year contract with the fee being £1.5 million.
- On December 14, 2014, he scored his first goal for the club against Sampdoria in a 1-1 home draw.
- He became the first player to lose 4 Champions League finals after Juventus lost against FC Barcelona in the 2015 UEFA Champions League with a 3-0 scoreline.
- Footballer Evra scored a goal in the last match of the 2015–16 Serie A season on May 14, 2016, in a 5–0 home win over Sampdoria.
- On June 6, 2016, Evra signed a one-year contract extension with Juventus.
- He scored three goals in 82 appearances for the club.
- Evra joined Marseille as a free agent on January 25, 2017, on an 18-month contract with the club.
- On May 7 2017, he scored a goal for Marseille in a 2–1 win against his former club Nice.
- On November 2 2017, Evra was sent off to kick a Marseille fan in the head, who mocked Evra while training.
- After the incident, UEFA banned him, making him ineligible to play any UEFA competitions until June 2018, and Marseille also terminated their contract with Evra.
- He scored 1 goal with 21 appearances for the club.
West Ham United
- On February 7 2018, he was signed by West Ham United on a free transfer until the end of June 2018.
- Likewise, On February 24, he made his debut for the club against Liverpool.
- He made five appearances for the club until his contract expired.
- Patrice Evra appeared in five matches for the club.
International Career | France
- On October 3 2002, Evra made his debut for the U-21 team against Slovenia.
- On August 18, 2004, he made his senior international debut in the match against Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- He wasn’t called for the team for almost two years and missed the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
- He was called for Euro 2008, but France lost against Italy and was eliminated from the competition, with Evra starting in the game.
- Similarly, in the FIFA World Cup qualification campaign, footballer Evra participated in ten of the team’s 12 matches.
- On May 26 2010, Evra captained the national team in a friendly match against Costa Rica for the first time.
- On May 29 2012, he was named to France national team. However, France got eliminated in the quarter-finals following a 2–0 defeat against Spain.
- At the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he played four of France’s five matches. France got eliminated from the competition after losing against Germany in the quarter-finals.
- He appeared in 81 matches without scoring a single goal for the French national team.
In July 2019, after being a free agent for a year, Evra announced his retirement from professional football.
Patrice Evra Total Goals
|Appearances and goals by club|
|West Ham United||0||5|