Pol Espargaro is a professional Spanish road racer competing in Grand Prix motorcycle racing. He is a fast rider who sometimes pushes his bike to the absolute limit when necessary.
This quality makes him unpredictable and one of the most challenging completions in the MotoGP World Championship.
He won the 2013 Moto2 Championship, with six podium wins and four fastest laps. He had 265 points in the competition.
Pol Espargaro currently rides in the MotoGP class for the newly named GasGas Factory Racing team.
Previously, Espargaro rode for the Repsol Honda team in MotoGP at the end of the 2022 season.
Pol Espargaro : Quick Facts
|Full Name||Pol Espargaro Villa|
|Date of Birth||10 June 1991|
|Birth Place||Granollers, Spain|
|Father’s Name||Genis Espargaro|
|Mother’s Name||Ana Villa|
|Brother name||Aleix Espargaro|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches / 171 cm|
|Weight||63 kg (138lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Active Years||MotoGP (2014-present)|
|Bike Name||GASGAS-branded KTM RC16 MotoGP|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Salary||$2 million (annual)|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Racing, advertisements, and sponsorships|
|Last Updated||August 2023|
Pol Espargaro Villa was born on 10 June 1991 in Granollers, a city in central Catalonia, about 32 kilometers north-east of Barcelona. His father, Julià Márquez, and his mother, Roser Alentà’s work lives are unknown and will be updated as soon as possible.
Pol Espargaro Villa has a younger brother named Aleix Espargaro. Áleix is also a professional Spanish road racer competing in Grand Prix motorcycle racing. He is currently with the Aprilia Racing team.
There is not much information available about his education on the internet. However, the information will be updated as soon as possible.
Pol Espargaro Age, Height, Weight
Pol Espargaro Villa was born on 10 June 1991 in Granollers, Spain. He is 30 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Gemini. He has 5 feet 7 inches (171 cm) and weighs around 63 kg. His is of the Christian religion.
Racer Pol’s eyes are black, and his hair is brown. His shoe size is 9 (US). Espargaro body measurements are under review and will be updated as soon as possible.
Who is Pol Espargaro Wife?
Pol Espargaro Villa is married to Carlota Bertrán. On 10 December 2016, he planned an engagement ring for her. The ring was hidden in the dish that she ordered.
His plan went well, and Carlota accepted his proposal. They got married sometime in 2018.
Pol Espargaro has two daughters with Carlota. Much is not known about his daughters. He likes to keep them away from the camera.
During an interview he revealed about his daughter” Honestly, in my personal life, this affects quite a lot. I have two daughters at home who are two and to enjoy them while I was doing these results was quite difficult for me. “
Pol Espargaro Villa Helmet
Pol Espargaro Villa uses AGV helmet in 2023. On the back of the helmet is number 44 with a gradient color of red and orange.
The majority of color in the helmet is gray and green.
Pol Espargaro GASGAS-branded KTM RC16 MotoGP
Pol Espargaro Villa currently uses the KTM RC16, a Tech3 Factory bike.
|Engine||1,000 cc (61 cu in) four-stroke 86 °V4|
|Transmission||6-speed sequential manual|
|Weight||160 kg (dry)|
|Fuel capacity||22 liters|
Pol Espargaro Villa Bike Manufacturer / Team
Espargaro announced in August at the Austrian Grand Prix that he had signed a two-year deal with Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing. The team will be renamed GasGas Factory Racing starting from the 2023 season.
Previously, Pol Espargaro joined the Repsol Honda team in MotoGP at the end of the 2020 season, signing a two-year contract.
During the beginning of his career at the 2006 Grand Prix in 125cc class, he was with the Campetella Racing Junior and RACC Derbi. He stayed with the team only one season. In the 2007 season, in 125cc class, he was with Belson Campetella Racing, riding their 125cc Aprilia.
Pol was with numerous teams during his 125cc class, with Derbi Tuenti Racing being the last one. Motogp racer Pol moved up to Moto2 in the 2011 season. He was with HP Tuenti Speed up, Pons 40 HP Tuenti, and Tuenti HP 40 teams during his Moto2 career.
Pol moved up to MotoGP in the 2014 season with the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team. Espargaro spent three seasons with the team. He joined Red Bull KTM Factory Racing in the 2017 season, spending four seasons with the team until the 2020 season.
Pol Espargaro Villa Salary and Net Worth
MotoGP racer Pol Espargaro Villa signed a contract with the GasGas Factory Racing team, a development of Tech3 for 2023 season.
MotoGP racer Pol Espargaro Villa‘s Salary:
In weeks: $67,400
Base Salary In a Year: $2 million
Per Race Fees: $105,000
Pol Espargaro Villa‘s net worth is $5 million as of 2023. His overall salary and net worth are racing, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Pol Espargaro Villa Social Media
125cc World Championship
- In the 2006 125cc World Championship, Pol Espargaro Villa made his championship debut, replacing injured Andrea Iannone.
- He made history as a wildcard in the Catalan Grand Prix when he finished 13th to become the youngest ever point scorer in a Grand Prix at just 15 years and eight days.
- Similarly, Pol ended the season winning 5 consecutive races, followed by a 6th-place finish at the Valencia Grand Prix.
- He earned his first podium at the Portuguese motorcycle Grand Prix starting from 7th position
- In the 2008 season, he switched the Aprilia for Derbi. He ended in 9th position in the first season, with 3 podiums and 2 poles.
- He ended his 125cc class with 71 races, 5 wins, 21 podiums, 3 poles, 5 fastest laps, and 708.5 points.
Moto2 World Championship
- In 2011, Pol Espargaro Villa signed a contract with HP Tuenti Speed Up for the Moto2 World Championship with an FTR M211 bike.
- He finished the first season with 1 fastest lap, 13th position, and 75 points.
- The next season he went to the Pons 40 HP Tuenti team.
- He got his first Moto2 win in Spain.
- Pol had a good 2012 season with 8 pole positions, 5 fastest laps, and 4 wins. He finished 2nd in the Championship with 269 points.
- The 2013 Moto2 season was the most remarkable as he won the Moto2 Championship with the Pons 40 HP Tuenti team.
- He had 6 wins, 6 podiums, 4 fastest laps, and 265 points.
- He finished his Moto2 career with 51 races, 10 wins, 23 podiums, 14 poles, 10 fastest lap, 609 points with 1 World Championship.
MotoGP World Championship
- In May 2013, Pol Espargaro Villa signed a two-year deal with Monster Yamaha Tech3
- He ended the first season in 6th place with 136 points. He got his first points in the United States. Pol was named Rookie of the Year and Top Independent Rider.
- He finished the next season in ninth place with the same team. However, he won the Suzuka 8 Hours that year.
- In 2016, again with the same team, he finished 8th in the Championship, with his best being 4th at the Dutch TT.
- He joined the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing for the 2017 season. He ended the first season for the team in 17th place with 55 points.
- In the 2018 season, he finished in 14th position with 51 points.
- Next season in 2019, he finished 11th position with 100 points.
- Espargaro finished the 2020 MotoGP season 5th in the standing on points with Andrea Dovizoso, he made history by taking KTMs first pole position at the Styrian Grand Prix, another pole at the Valencian Community motorcycle Grand Prix and a total of 5 podiums in the 2020 season.
- At the end of 2020, he left Redbull KTM for Repsol Honda, making his debut at the Qatar Motorcycle Grand Prix finishing 8th in the first two races.
- He finished in 12th position scoring 100 points for the team.
- Espargaro started the 2022 season with a 3rd place finish at the Qatar Grand Prix.
- Espargaró announced in August at the Austrian Grand Prix that he had signed a two-year deal with Tech Factory Racing. Starting from the 2023 season, the team will be known as GasGas Factory Racing.
- As of August 2023 in MotoGP, he has 276 races, with 15 wins.