Robin van Persie is a former professional football player and currently is a Dutch football coach. He played as a striker in his professional striker days and was considered one of the best strikers of his generation. Ozil is currently an assistant manager at Feyenoord Rotterdam.
He was a world-class striker, with exceptional ball control, free kicks, and set pieces. In the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he scored a stunning leaping header from the edge of the box against Spain, one of the highlights of the 2014 World Cup edition. This goal ranked third place in the 2014 FIFA Puskás Award.
On 12 May 2019, he retired from professional football as a player and after a year, he joined his former club Feyenoord, as an assistant coach to Dick Advocaat. He scored 272 goals in 593 appearances in his professional football career.
Robin van Persie: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Robin van Persie|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1983|
|Birth Place||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Father’s Name||Bob van Persie|
|Mother’s Name||José Ras van Persie|
|Height||6 feet / 183 cm|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lbs.)|
|Body Measurements||Under review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Wife||Bouchra van Persie|
|Children||Shaqueel van Persie, Dina Layla van Persie|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
Footballer Robin van Persie was born on August 6, 1983 in Rotterdam, a city in the Dutch province of South Holland. His father, Bob van Persie, is a phenomenal artist who uses materials of no value for others and creates amazing art with it, while his mother, José Ras van Persie, is a painter, jewelry designer, and teacher.
Mesut Ozil Bio, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Religion, Career Stats >>
Van Persie had some problems growing up. After his parents got divorced, Robin was raised by his father. Due to his behavioral problems, he was excluded from class almost daily.
He joined Dutch SBV Excelsior’s youth team when he was only five years old and played until 15. Ozil was promoted to first team and made his debut at 17. Mesut was titled the KNVB Best Young Talent award during his early career.
Robin Van Persie had his primary level education in a local high school named Thorbecke Voortgezet Onderwijs. He was an excellent student from his childhood. That may be why he was able to complete his bachelor-level education.
Robin van Persie Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Robin Van Persie is 38 years old as of 2021 as he was born in 1992. Van Persie is a citizen of the Netherlands and is of Caucasian ethnicity.
Thiago Silva Bio, Age, Salary, Net Worth, Wife, Career >>
Footballer Van Persie stands 6 feet 0 inches (183 cm) tall and is a physically strong player. He weighs around 74 kg.
His eyes are dark brown and naturally has black hair. Mesut Ozil’s body measurements are under review at the moment. His boots size is 8.
Robin van Persie Personal Life
On March 31, 2004, Robin Van Persie married Bouchra van Persie after dating for around 3 months. Bouchra van Persie was born on morocco. They have two children, Shaqueel van Persie born in 2006, and daughter Dina Layla van Persie born in 2009.
According to some reports, Van Persie was at least in one relationship before seeing Bouchra van Persie. Likewise, his wife has always supported him throughout his career. Numerous pictures of his family can be found in his social media.
Robin Van Persie Religion
Footballer Robin is a person who doesn’t follow any religion.
Robin Van Persie Charity Work
Since 2010, he has been helping SOS Children, the world’s largest orphan charity. Due to the kind hearts, he and his wife are also sponsoring a kid Nelly, who lives in Kenya.
In 2013, he also supported the Newcastle Youth Employment charity.
Robin Van Persie Salary and Net Worth
Robin van Persie’s salary as an assistant manager is under review at the moment. Van Persie’s Net Worth is $50 million as of 2021.
His overall salary and net worth are from playing football and Endorsements.
Robin Van Persie Social Media
- Robin van Persie started playing football at an early age.
- He joined the youth squad of local side SBV Excelsior when he was five.
- Due to his bad temper with the Excelsior’s coaching staff, he left for Feyenoord at 16.
- He made his senior debut in the club at the age of 17.
- He received the KNVB Best Young Talent award after starting for Feyenoord in the final of the UEFA Cup.
- The following season, he signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the club, however, he was demoted to the reserve squad after clashing the club’s manager.
- He finished the season with his team runner-up in the KNVB Cup, scoring 8 goals in 28 appearances.
- The next season was not good for him as he scored fewer goals than in the previous year and his relationship with the club’s manager deteriorated.
- He scored 21 goals in 78 appearances for the club.
- Footballer Van Persie signed a four-year deal with Arsenal for £2.75 million on 17 May 2004, starting one of the best careers in football history.
- On 8 August 2004, he made his debut against Manchester United as a substitute in 3-1 FA Community Shield and won trophy in the process.
- During the 2004-05 season, he mostly spent his time on the bench but had his first competitive start on 27th day of October . He scored by scoring Arsenal’s opening goal against Manchester City in a 2-1 League Cup win.
- In 2004-05 season, he scored 10 goals in 41 appearances.
- At the start of 2005-06, he scored 8 goals in 8 starts, wining him Premier League Player of the month.
- Due to this impressive performance, he was rewarded with a five-year contract extension until 2011 on 4 January.
- He got injured during the FA Cup match against Cardiff after the opposing player stepped on his foot. Meesut played the next three matches with a hole cut into his shoes to suppress the pain.
- He scored a stunning airborne volley against Charlton Athletic in the beginning of the 2006-07 season, later named BBC Sport’s Goal of the Month for September .
- On 21 January, he was again suffered with fractured right foot but still managed to be the Arsenal’s top scorer with 13 goals in all competitions.
- After Henry’s transfer to FC Barcelona in 2007-08 season, Van Persie was the club’s main striker but had a disappointing season due to the several injuries that forced him out of the game.
Additional Aresenal Career
- In his 2008-09 season, on 29 October, he scored his 50th goal for arsenal in 4-4 draw against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Similarly, he got his first red card of the season after knocking down Stroke City’s goalkeeper Thomas Sørensen.
- Ozil scored a spectacular goal against Liverpool, later named the second BBC Goal of the month of his career.
- Mesut was awarded the club’s Player of the Month, as every goal was scored or assisted by him in January 2009.
- He was named Player of the Season due to his amazing performance of 20 goals in all competitions.
- In the 2009-10 season, he was named Premier League Player of the Month for the second time.
- In the 2010-11 season, he made his 200th appearance on 28 August but got an ankle injury in the same game.
- Footballer Robin scored his first career hat-trick in a 3-0 win over Wigan Athletic on 22 January.
- Similarly, He set a new Premier League record for most goals scored in the first two months of a calendar year between 1 January and 12 February.
- Likewise, on 24 April 2011, he became the first player to score in seven successive Premier League away games.
- He was promoted to club captain at the start of the 2011-12 EPL season.
- He scored the fasted goal of the season, with the goal being scored in 28 seconds against Sunderland.
- Similarly, he was named Premier League Player of the Month 3 times when playing with arsenal.
- Likewise, he announced that he would not sign a new contract with Arsenal and was willing to leave the club on 4 July 2012.
- Footballer Robin scored 132 goals in 278 appearances for the club.
- Van Persie has signed a four-year contract with Manchester United for an initial transfer fee of £22.5 million, and also with an additional £1.5 million if United won Champions League or Premier League within the next 4 years on 15 August 2012.
- On 20 August, he made his debut for the club by coming as a substitute on 68th minute.
- Five days later, Robin scored his first goal for United against Fulham and scored his first hat-trick for United against Southampton with the third goal being his 100th Premier League Goal.
- On 3 November, Robin scored against his former club Arsenal, making him a player to score against all 20 teams of Premier League at that season.
- He scored his first hat-trick against Aston Villa on 22 April, helping United lift the Premier League trophy.
- He was nominated by UEFA into the 10-man shortlist for 2012-13’s Best Player in Europe Award.
- In the 2013-14 season, he scored a hat-trick in UEFA champions league against Olympiacos.
- He scored 58 goals in 105 appearances for Manchester United.
- Van Persie joined the Turkish club Fenerbahçe on 14 July 2015 on a three-year deal with a transfer fee of £3.84 million.
- He and his former team mate, Luis Nani debuted for the club in Champions League game against Shakhtar Donetsk.
- He made his league debut on 14 August against Eski?ehirspor.
- He scored 36 goals in 87 appearances for the club.
Return to Feyenoord
- Van Persie returned to his youth club where he started his senior career on 19 January 2018.
- He scored his 300th career goal in a victory that placed the club in 2017-18’s KNVB Cup final.
- He also scored in the final, helping the club to get their 13th trophy.
- Van Persie played his last professional match on 12 May 2019 against ADO Den Haag.
International Career | Netherland
- Van Persie started his international career by playing with the U-21 Dutch team in qualifying for the 2004 and 2006 European Championship.
- played for the senior team in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying against Romania on 4 June 2005.
- Four days later Van Persie scored his first international goal against Finland.
- He played in all four of the Netherland’s matches in 2006 FIFA World Cup and scored his only goal in group stage against Ivory Coast.
- In 2008, he scored four goals for Netherland in UEFA Euro 2008 qualifiers.
- 2010 FIFA World Cup was heartbreaking for both Van Persie and Netherland as they lost in the tournament finals against Spain.
- Mesut in UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying Group E over San Marino , Footballer Robin scored four goals in record breaking 11-0 victory.
- Likewise, in 2014 World Cup qualifier, he scored 11 goals becoming the top scorer of the campaign.
- In the team’s opening match in the 2014 FIFA World Cup against Spain, he scored twice with one being the flying header which was later nominated for the FIFA Puskás Award.
- On 10 October, he made his 100th appearances for the Dutch team.
Footballer Robin in May 2020, a year after his retirement, he became an assistant coach to Dick Advocaat at his former club Feyenoord.
Robin Van Persie Stats
|Appearances and goals by club|