Sadio Mane is a professional footballer from Senegal. His position on the field is as a winger. He is now a member of Premier League club Liverpool as well as the Senegal national team. Mane is a gifted and dedicated player. The individual prize he has won attests to his hard effort. Mane finished fourth for the 2019 Ballon d’Or, and he was fifth in 2019 and fourth in 2020 for the Best FIFA Men’s Player award.
In 2016, he joined Premier League club Liverpool for a rumoured cost of £34 million. Mané led Liverpool reach back-to-back UEFA Champions League Finals in 2018 and 2019, winning the latter.
In October 2021, he scored his 100th Premier League goal, becoming only the third African to do so.
Mané has 26 goals in 79 appearances for Senegal since his debut in 2012, and is presently the country’s second all-time leading goal scorer and fifth all-time appearances leader.
|Full Name||Sadio Mane|
|Date of Birth||April 10th, 1992|
|Birth Place||Bambali, Sédhiou, Senegal|
|Father’s Name||Under Review|
|Mother’s Name||Under Review|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (175 cm)|
|Weight||69 kg (152 lbs.).|
|Body Measurements||40-14-29 inches|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Social Media Presence|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
Sadio Mané was born in the Senegalese town of Bambali, Sédhiou. Despite his father, an imam, preventing him from playing football as a youngster, he pursued a career in football.
Sadio Mane was inspired to become a player by the thrill of the 2002 World Cup, when his nation, Senegal, advanced to the quarter-finals in their maiden participation at the tournament. Beating holders France in the first game was a miracle he would never forget.
His father, however, died when he was seven years old. He later fled his native village and traveled to Dakar at the age of 15 to pursue his dream of being a player, and he has been supported by his family ever since.
There is no accurate information on the Sadio family. His father and mother’s names are unknown. His siblings’ information is similarly unavailable.
Playersaga will update the information as soon as it becomes available.
There is no information about his school background accessible, but we do know he ran away from home to play football. As a result, we may presume he did not get a formal education. Similarly, he is quite adept at speaking English. His time in European nations may have aided him in this regard.
Sadio Mane Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Sadio Mane was born on April 10th, 1992. His hometown is Bambali, Sédhiou, Senegal. He is Senegalese by nationality and of mixed origin. Sadio Mane age is 29 years as of 2021 as he was born in 1992.
He is a Muslim who was born under the sign of Aries. He was a football fanatic who began playing at an early age.
Mane stands 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm) tall and is an exceptionally handsome player. His body is athletic, and he takes care of himself. Sadio may be seen participating in swim and gym sessions. When balanced, he weighs 69 kg (152 lbs.).
His eyes are dark black, and he has black hair. Sadio’s chest measurement is 40 in or 102 cm. Similarly, his waist is 29 inches (76 cm) and his biceps are 14 inches (37 cm).
Sadio Mane Wife| Personal Life
Sadio Mane is not married and has no wife. Despite the fact that he is involved in a relationship Sadio Mane’s girlfriend and personal connection are both kept a secret?
Sadio Mane and Sports Journalist Melissa Reddy are said to be dating, according to numerous news outlets. There have also been no rumors of the player dating any celebrities in the past. But we do not confirm this information.
Sadio Mane is always on the go and working hard. His hectic schedule, as well as his engagement in developmental operations in Senegal. Because of these factors, he is likely to be unmarried.
Melissa Reddy works as a journalist. She is currently a sports writer for Independent. Jounalist Reddy specializes in Premier League.
She has also written a book titled Believe Us: How Jürgen Klopp Transformed Liverpool into Champions.
Sadio Mane Salary and Net Worth
Sadio Mane signed a five-year contract with Liverpool on June 28, 2016, for a cost of £34 million. Mané signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool on November 22, 2018.
Sadio Mane Salary:
In weeks: £100,000 or $ 135000
In a Year: £5,200,000 or $6990000
Sadio Mane Net Worth is $20 million as of 2021. His overall salary and net worth are from playing football.
Sadio Mane Charity Work
Everyone knows the simple lifestyle of Footballer Mane. The news also circulated regarding to using the broken screen phone. In interview, we can see how humble Sadio Mane is. His interaction with players are also sweet. He has never forgot his underroot, from where he belongs.
Sadio recalls his father’s death due to stomach issue, which could not be treated as there was no hospital in his village. Currently Sadio Mane is involved in various charity project such as building hospital, building school in his village.
Sadio Mane has contributed $693,000 (£500,000) to the development of a hospital in his birthplace of Bambali, Senegal. Mane was born in the little community of Bambali, which does not have a hospital, so the Senegalese forward chose to pay honor to his hometown by assisting.
Sadio Mane Instagram
Sadio is a regular user of Instagram.
Instagram: 8.8 million followers
What happened between Sadio Mane and Ederson?
On September 9, 2017, he was sent a straight red card in the first half of Manchester City’s 5–0 defeat for a high boot on goalkeeper Ederson, resulting in a three-match ban.
Before attempting to contact the goalie, the forward expressed sorrow and apologized on social media.
Mane told ESPN “We don’t know each other, but I would love to have his number and send him a proper message. I think it is OK now, though,”
“Honestly, after this incident, I was not OK. I was thinking about the red card, obviously, but we are human beings and we have to be nice to each other.
Why Sadio Mane is nicest footballer?
- Despite his popularity and affluence, Mane hasn’t forgotten his beginnings. Mane contributes his riches on a regular basis for the benefit of his town and to numerous organizations.
- Mane scored twice and was named player of the match as Liverpool defeated Chelsea in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup final.
- While sitting on the bench, he summoned one of the ballboys and gave him his shirt before hugging him.
- Mane demonstrated his down-to-earth demeanor. He was spotted after exiting the squad bus, the winger was spotted assisting members of the stadium workers in carrying water bottles inside the stadium. Most footballers would just go by without a second thought.
- As a devout Muslim, he was observed cleaning the toilets at his neighborhood mosque in Liverpool just a few hours after the game ended between Liverpool and Leicester City.
- Despite his father, an imam, preventing him from playing football as a youngster, he pursued a career in football.
- He was seen by scouts in 2009 while playing for M’Bour and then recommended to Génération Foot, where he led them achieve promotion to the second tier in the 2010–11 season.
- Mané joined Metz, which has a collaboration with Génération Foot, in 2011.
- On January 14, 2012, he made his professional debut. In his debut season in the league, he made 19 appearances.
Red Bull Salzburg
- Mané joined Austrian Bundesliga club Red Bull Salzburg on August 31, 2012. Mane Transfer was 3rd highest for Metz. The fee was thought to be €4 million. In 85 appearances for Red Bull Salzburg, he scored 45 goals.
- In the 2013-14 season, he and his club won the domestic double.
- Mané pushed his way out of the club at the end of August 2014 by failing to show up for training and the most critical game for Salzburg at the moment in order to qualify for the Champions League.
- Mané signed a four-year contract with Premier League club Southampton on September 1, 2014, for a fee of £11.8 million. He made his debut against Arsenal in a 2–1 League Cup triumph.
- Mané created a new Premier League record for the fastest hat-trick on 16 May, during Southampton’s final home encounter of the season, scoring three times in 2 minutes 56 seconds in a 6–1 triumph over Aston Villa. Robbie Fowler had held the record since 1994, when he scored three goals in four minutes and 33 seconds against Arsenal. Mané scored 10 goals in 32 appearances across all competitions in the 2014-15 season.
- Mané opened the 2015–16 season with two assists in the first leg of the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round against Vitesse Arnhem.
- After failing to score in the league for more than four months, Mané scored twice in a 3–2 win over Liverpool on 20 March 2016. With 15 goals in all competitions, he concluded the 2015-16 season as Southampton’s top scorer.
- Mané signed a five-year contract with Liverpool on June 28, 2016, for a cost of £34 million. At the time, the transfer cost made him the most expensive African footballer in history.
- On August 14, he made his Premier League debut for Liverpool, scoring the fourth goal in a 4–3 away triumph over Arsenal.
- Mané was selected to the PFA Team of the Year on April 20, 2017, after scoring 13 league goals in his debut season with Liverpool.
- Despite missing the last months of the season due to injury, Mané was named Liverpool Player of the Season on May 9, 2017.
- In 2017-18, Mané, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, and Philippe Coutinho formed a potent attacking trio called the “Fab Four” and, until the latter’s mid-season departure, the “Fab Three.”
- Mané scored Liverpool’s equalizing goal in a 3–1 loss to Real Madrid in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final on May 26. As a result, he became the first Senegalese player to score in the competition’s final.
Additional Liverpool Career
- Mané signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool on November 22, 2018.
- In the 2018–19 season, he surpassed another of Ba’s records by becoming the Senegalese player with the most Premier League goals in a single season, netting his 17th goal in a 2–1 win against Fulham.
- With 22 goals this season, he shared the Premier League Golden Boot with Salah and Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Mané scored an early penalty for Liverpool in the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final against Tottenham on June Salah then scored from the penalty spot to start the scoring, and Liverpool went on to win the match 2–0 to earn the championship.
- Mané scored his 100th Liverpool goal in a 3–0 home win over Crystal Palace in the Premier League on September 18, 2021.
- Similarly, Mané scored his 100th Premier League goal on October 16th, becoming the third African to do so after Didier Drogba and Salah, with Liverpool’s first goal in a 5–0 win away to Watford.
International Career | Senegal
- Mané competed for Senegal in the Olympic Games in 2012.
- Mané was pulled out of the Senegalese team for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations after injuring his calf in Southampton’s 2–0 win over Arsenal on January 1, 2015.
- Likewise, Mané represented Senegal in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon, scoring a goal in each of the country’s first two games, 2–0 victories over Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
- Mané was named to Senegal’s final roster for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. He appeared in three of Senegal’s subsequent matches as they got to the final. Algeria defeated them 1–0. Despite coming second in the tournament, Mané was nominated to the Tournament Team.
Sadio Mane Goals
|Appearances and goals by club|
|Red Bull Salzburg||87||45|