Hungarian former striker Sandor Kocsis Dahari is considered one of the iconic players to ever play for his national football team.
Sandor played for the golden generation of the Hungarian national team for eight years after he made his debut back in 1948.
He played with legendary Hungarian footballers like Ferenc Puskás and Jozsef Bozsik. Kocsis also guided his national football team to the World Cup final. Sandor Kocsis was a winger, but he was more comfortable playing as a striker.
He is currently the 11th highest all-time international goal scorer in football history and Bashar Abdullah of Kuwait and Kunishige Kamamoto of Japan.
He has been rewarded with many individual honors in his old playing days for his excellent form throughout his career.
This biography on Iconic Hungarian former central forward Sandor Kocsis covers important moments from his early life to date.
Sandor Kocsis: Quick Facts
|Full name||Sandor peter Kocsis|
|Nickname||Also nicknamed as “The man with the Golden head” by his fans|
|Date of birth||21 September 1929|
|Date of death||22 July 1979|
|Age at the time of death||49|
|Place of death||Barcelona, Spain|
|Father’s name||Not available|
|Mother’s name||Not available|
|Brother’s/Sister’s name||Not available|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.77 m)|
|Weight||71 Kg (158 pounds)|
|Body measurement||Under Review|
|Body type||Athletic body|
|Eye color||Black color|
|Hair color||Black color|
|Shoe size||Not available|
|Wife/girlfriend/ex-wife||Wife whose name is Not available|
|Children name||Not available|
|Net worth||Around 1 to 3 million dollars|
|Salary||Retired player (Passed away)|
|Playing position||Striker and central forward|
|Social media presence||Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter|
|Source of Income||Football Club salary, additional bonuses, sponsorship, and merchandise|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
Legendary former Hungarian international footballer Sandor Kocsis was born in Hungary called Budapest. Currently, we do not have any information about his parents and their profession.
Growing up in a middle-class family in the suburbs of Budapest, he was always very determined to become a successful footballer. Currently we do not have any information about his siblings and their age. We will update the information soon.
Kocsis was very skilled and talented at a young age so he was given a chance to join the youth team of Kobanyai TC football club. He played with number 8 on his jersey during his prime playing days at his professional and national football club. The Iconic Hungarian footballer used Kocsis as his name in his club and his national team jersey.
Sandor Kocsis Age, Height, Weight, and Body Measurement
In Budapest, Hungary, the former World Cup Golden boot winner Hungarian striker was born on 21 September 1929. However, Sandor Kocsis died in 22-07-1979, just at 49.
He followed Christianity as the religion and his Zodiac (horoscope) sign was Libra. In his old playing days, Kocsis was a right-footed footballer player, but he was also agile and skilled with his weaker foot. Kocsis is regarded as a football legend in his country and Ferenc Puskas. He was relatively much faster with the ball on his feet, even with his smaller height.
The Hungarian former footballer had a medium-sized body in his old football playing days and he stood 5 feet10 inches.
He had evenly matched weight for a footballer as he weighted around 158 pounds (71 kilograms) at normal. Iconic former FC Barcelona footballer Kocsis had black color eyes and black color hair while he was alive.
Sandor Kocsis Cause of Death
Late Hungarian former striker Sandor Kocsis is one of the best players to have played in the golden team of the Hungarian national football team.
Sandor was having internal problem in his stomach after he retired from football. As per the doctors he consulted, he was diagnosed with stomach cancer and leukemia. He was being treated in Barcelona.
Unfortunately, Sandor Kocsis died on 22nd July 1979 (at the age of 49), battling cancer. He fell to his death from the fourth floor of a hospital in Barcelona. Still today, it is not clear whether the former footballer committed suicide, accident or was killed by other people.
Style of play and playing position
The World Cup Golden boot winner Hungarian former footballer, is one of the iconic football player to ever play for his national football team. His flashy acceleration, ball heading ability and pacey dribbling skills made him one of the best attackers in his old playing days. He was unstoppable in his prime playing days as he could dribble past the opposition players to score a goal. Sandor Kocsis is also well renowned by the nickname “The man with a golden head. Kocsis was very excellent header even though he stood 5.10 feet tall. Spanish league winner former FC Barcelona striker Kocsis has played mostly as the striker and sometimes as the winger/central forward in his professional football career.
Sandor Kocsis International Goals and Record
The World Cup Silver boot winner was a reliable goal scorer for his national team. He played in the golden generation of Hungarian national football team along with his legendary teammates like Ferenc Puskas and Jozsef Bozsik.
Kocsis only played 68 matches for Hungary but he scored an impressive 75 goals. He averaged around 1.1 goals per match for his national team in international football matches. The iconic Hungarian striker also led Hungary to the FIFA World Cup, where West Germany defeated his team. Even though Hungarians were favorite, they lost the final score 3-2.
FIFA 23 rating
Sandor does not have a FIFA 22 player rating since he is no longer a member of any club or nation. FIFA may, however, issue a premier icon card for the iconic footballer in the future, but we are unsure. Legendary footballers such as Diego Maradona and Johan Cruyff have top icon cards in the FIFA 22 game.
- Born to a working-class Hungarian family, he was determined to become a professional footballer since he was a kid.
- Kocsis was a very skilled young footballer, so he was asked to play for the “B” team of the Kobanyai TC football club.
- He sured his position in the team by impressing the coach with his insane power shoots and lightning dribbling skills.
Senior career (Playing from 1943-1965)
- Sandor Kocsis played 54 matches for the Ferencvarosi Torna club and scored 40 goals in return.
- Likewise, he played six seasons for the Budapest Honved football club, becoming more successful.
- Kocsis played 160 matches for the Hungarian football club and he scored an impressive 176 goals in the meantime.
- The Hungarian former striker also played 75 matches for FC Barcelona and scored 42 goals.
- Sandor Kocsis is the Hungarian second-highest all-time top scorer for his national team after legendary Ferenc Puskas (84 goals)
- He is also the 45th highest all-time international goal scorer in football history along with Bashar Abdullah and Kunishige Kamamoto. (As of February 2022)
- The late iconic Hungarian former striker has scored 75 goals in just 68 appearances for his national football team.
Trophies and titles:
- Hungarian champion with Ferencvaros TC
- Three times Hungarian champion with Honved FC
- Two times Spanish league title winner with FC Barcelona
- Copa Del Generalisimo trophy winner with FC Barcelona
- Inter-cities fair Cup winner with FC Barcelona
- Summer Olympics men football Gold medal winner with his national football team
- Central European international Cup winner with his national football team