Takaaki Nakagami is a professional Japanese road racer who competes in the Grand Prix motorcycle racing. After struggling in races during the 2018 MotoGP with Honda, he tried to learn the style of riding Honda by studying Marc Márquez’s riding style. Now, he has aggressive and controlled riding similar to Márquez.
Takaaki Nakagami started racing from an early age. He started his road racing career through the Japanese Road Racing Championship in 2005. In 2006, with the Harc-Pro team, he won every race of the season making him the youngest ever Japanese 125cc Champion.
In 2018, Nakagami moved up to the MotoGP class with LCR Honda. In 2021, Honda Racing Corporation announced that they have reached an agreement with Nakagami to extend their contract for multiple years starting from 2021.
Takaaki Nakagami : Quick Facts
|Full Name||Takaaki Nakagami|
|Date of Birth||9 February 1992|
|Birth Place||Chiba, Japan|
|Father’s Name||Under Review|
|Mother’s Name||Under Review|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches / 175 cm|
|Weight||68 kg (150lbs)|
|Body Measurements||Under review|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Marital Status||Under Review|
|Active Years||MotoGP (2018-present)
|Bike Name||Honda RC213V|
|Net Worth||$1-$5 million|
|Social Media Presence||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
|Source of Wealth:||Racing, advertisements, and sponsorships|
|Last Updated||March 2022|
MotoGP Racer Takaaki Nakagami was born on 9 February 1992 in Chiba, which is the capital city of Chiba Prefecture, Japan. His family information is currently not available but will be updated as soon as possible.
Fans have not seen his personal life, family, interests, etc. as they may have been kept private by Takaaki himself. However, all this unknown information’s about him will be updated as soon as possible.
Read More:Alex Marquez Bio, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Helmet, Net Worth >>
Takaaki Nakagami started racing from an early age. He joined the Japanese Road racing Championship in 2005. Since that he has always been improving and is currently in MotoGP class riding for LCR Honda Idemitsu. He moved up to the MotoGP class in 2018.
These are the only known information about his early life at the beginning. However, it will be updated as soon as possible.
There is not much information available about his education on the internet. However, the information will be updated as soon as possible.
Takaaki Nakagami Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Takaaki Nakagami was born on 9 February 1992 in Chiba, Japan. He is 30 years old at the moment. His sun sign is Aquarius. He is a quick and controlled rider with a height of 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm) and weighs around 68 kg. His is of the Christian religion.
Read More: Fabio Quartararo Bio, Height, Helmet, Net Worth, Salary, Family >>
His eyes and hair are dark browns. His shoe size is 9 (US), and body measurements are under review at the moment.
Who is Takaaki Nakagami Wife? | Personal Life
Takaaki Nakagami’s personal life is not properly known as he is a private kind of person and is truly focused on his career. He is currently single. However, he might be in a relationship but the information is not available at the moment.
Some report suggests that he was at least in one relationship in the past. However, we cannot conclude about his personal life due to little information.
More details about his personal life will be updated as soon as possible.
Takaaki Nakagami Helmet
Takaaki Nakagami uses Arai RX-7V helmet in 2022. His helmet has similar aesthetics as his beautiful white and red Honda. There is some sponsors logo on his helmet and some random, cool artwork.
Takaaki Nakagami Bike
Takaaki Nakagami currently uses the Honda RC213V, which is a Japanese motorcycle . It is developed for road racing by Honda Racing Corporation to compete in the MotoGP series from the 2012 season.
He rode Kalex Moto2 with Idemitsu Honda Team Asia and Suter MMXI with Italtrans Racing Team during his past seasons.
Takaaki Nakagami Bike Manufacturer / Team
Takaaki Nakagami joined the LCR Honda Idemitsu team in MotoGP in 2018, signing a multi-year contract with the team.
During the beginning of his career in 2007, he was with Red Bull MotoGP Academy riding the Honda RS125R. In the 2008 season, he went with the I.C team riding their Aprilia RS 125.
Takaaki moved up to Moto2 in the 2011 season. He was with the Italtrans Racing team for three years. He rode Suter MMXI in the first season and Kalex Moto2 for his remaining Moto2 career. Later in 2018, he signed a multi-year deal with the Honda team in MotoGP.
Takaaki Nakagami Salary and Net Worth
Takaaki Nakagami signed a multi-year contract with Honda in MotoGP in 2018 with his current team being LCR Honda Idemitsu.
In weeks: $9,650
In a Year: $500k
Takaaki‘s net worth is $1-$5 million as of 2021. Takaaki overall salary and net worth are from playing racing, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Takaaki‘s Social Media
- Twitter: 85k Followers Click here to go to his Twitter
- Instagram: 336k Followers Click here to go to his Instagram
125cc World Championship
- In 2005, Takaaki made his debut at the 125cc Japanese Road Race Championship with the Harc-Pro Honda team.
- Next season in the same Championship in 2006, he won every race of the season making him the youngest ever Japanese 125cc Champion.
- In 2010, he won the Suzuka 8 Hours with the Harc-pro team.
- In 2012, he changed classes and entered J-GP2 class with the same team.
Moto2 World Championship
- In 2012, Takaaki signed as a substitute with the Italtrans Racing team riding a Kalex.
- Takaaki finished the season in 15th position with the best result of 5th at Jerez.
- In 2013 Moto2, Nakagami achieved his first podium by finishing in 3rd place, and at Le Mans, he earned his first pole position.
- He had 5 podiums, 3 pole positions, and scored 149 points finishing the season in 8th
- In 2014, Takaaki signed a deal with Idemitsu Honda Team Asia. He had a disappointing season with the team finishing in 22nd
- In 2015, he had a good season finishing in 8th position with 1 podium win.
- The next season showed more improvements, as he finished the season in 6th position with 169 points, 1 win, 4 podiums, 1 pole position, and 1 fastest lap.
- In 2017, Takaaki won at Silverstone and claimed three third-place finishes. hello
- He finished the season with 137 points, 1 win, 4 podiums, and 1 pole position.
- He had 105 races with 2 wins, 14 podiums, 5 pole positions, and the fastest lap in his whole Moto2 career.
MotoGP World Championship
- In October 2018, Takaaki signed a multi-year contract with LCR Honda.
- He finished his rookie season in 20th position with 33 points.
- The 2019 season was disappointing for Takaaki, as he had a heavy crash at the Dutch TT and injured his shoulder, which declined his form.
- Takaaki had to prematurely end his season to undergo surgery and recover before the 2020 season.
- He finished the 2019 season in 13th position with 74 points.
- In the 2020 season, he became the top Honda rider as his teammate Marc Márquez was having subsequent injures and crashes.
- He scored his first pole position in MotoGP at the Teruel Grand Prix.
- In October 2020, the Honda team announced that Takaaki would remain in the team at least until the end of 2020.
- Unfortunately, he had a disappointing season in 2021. At that time, the Honda bike was the weakest in the MotoGP and he faced all difficulties riding the bike finishing in 15th position with 76 points.
- Currently, in the 2022 season, he stands at 14th position scoring 6 points.
- Takaaki finished the opening of MotoGP at the Qatar Grand Prix in 10th position and finished the next race at Indonesian GP in 19th