Tony Ferguson, also known as Anthony Armand Ferguson Padilla, is an American professional mixed martial artist. Tony currently competes in the Lightweight division and is ranked ninth on UFC Lightweight rankings. Ferguson is the winner of The Ultimate Fighter 13, and on October 7, 2017, Ferguson won the Interim UFC Lightweight Championship. He had 12 win streaks till June 8, 2019, when he fought Justin Gaethje and lost the fight via TKO.
Ferguson has been in the UFC since 2011, when he first fought in The Ultimate Fighter against Ramsey Nijem. Before UFC, Ferguson used to fight in different promotions.
On May 7, 2022, Ferguson fought against Michael Chandler for the number one contender. Chandler knocked Ferguson out via front kick in the second round. In 2006, Ferguson won the gold medal in National Collegiate Wrestling Association.
So, if you like Tony Ferguson and want to learn more about him, please read the article below.
Tony Ferguson: Quick Facts
|Full name||Anthony Armand Ferguson Padilla|
|Date of birth||12-February-1984|
|Father’s name||Under Review|
|Mother’s name||Under Review|
|Height||6 feet (1.83 m)|
|Weight||70 Kg (155 pounds)|
|Body measurement||Under Review|
|Body type||Athletic body|
|Shoe size||Under Review|
|Net worth||$3-$5 million|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Artist|
|Social media presence||Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter|
|Source of Income||Salary and Bonuses, endorsement, sponsorship, and merchandise|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
MMA fighter Ferguson was born on February 12, 1984, in Oxnard, California, US. His family information is not available and will be updated as soon as possible.
Ferguson is of Mexican heritage. He had a Scottish-American stepfather. Ferguson grew an interest in sports from an early age. He was a three-sport athlete at Muskegon Catholic Central High School.
After high school, he joined Grand Valley State University. He didn’t finish his degree. In 2006, Ferguson won the gold medal in National Collegiate Wrestling Association. Later he moved to California and started training in MMA.
Tony completed his primary schooling at his local school. Later he joined Muskegon Catholic Central High School and played three sports there.
He joined Central Michigan University before transferring to Grand Valley State University. However, he didn’t finish his degree.
Tony Ferguson Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
On February 12, 1984, Tony Ferguson was born and is currently 38 years old. Ferguson is 6 feet tall or 183cm tall and weighs around 70 kg or 155 lbs.
Ferguson’s body measurements and shoe size are under review and will be updated as soon as possible. His hair and his eyes are black. Ferguson’s zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- Tony Ferguson made his professional MMA debut on April 12, 2008, against Steve Avalos. Ferguson won the fight via technical knockout in the second round.
- His second fight was against Brandon Adams on July 12, 2008. Ferguson technically knocked Admas via punches.
- Next, he fought Joe Schilling on September 13, 2008. Tony won the fight via submission in the second round.
- His fourth MMA fight was against Frank Park at Long Beach Fight Night 3 on January 4, 2009. Ferguson won the fight via submission.
- He had his first MMA loss against Karen Darabedyan on All-Star Boxing: Caged in the Cannon on February 6, 2009. Ferguson lost via unanimous decision.
- On March 5, 2009, Ferguson fought Daniel Hernandez at National Fight Alliance MMA: Riot at the Hyatt. Ferguson won the fight via technical knockout.
- On May 28, 2009, at National Fight Alliance, he fought James Fanshier and won the fight via decision.
- He had his next MMA loss against Jamie Toney on October 16, 2009. Ferguson lost the fight via submission.
- On December 18, 2009, Ferguson fought Chris Kennedy and won the fight via technical knockout in the first round.
- He fought David Gardner at CA Final Syndicate on March 26, 2010. Ferguson won the fight via technical knockout.
- On September 25, 2010, Ferguson fought against Broke Jardine at PureCombat 12. Ferguson won the fight via technical knockout.
- On June 4, 2011, Ferguson made his UFC debut against Ramsey Nijem and won the fight via knockout.
- His next UFC fight was against Aaron Riley at UFC 135 and won the fight via technical knockout.
- On December 3, 2011, Ferguson fought Yves Edwards at TUF. Ferguson won the fight via unanimous decision.
- He had his first UFC loss against Michael Johnson at UFC Fight Night. Ferguson lost the fight via unanimous decision.
- At UFC 166 on October 19, 2013, Ferguson fought Mike Rio. Ferguson submitted Rio via D’Arce choke in the first round.
- On May 24, 2014, Ferguson fought Katsunori Kikuno at Ufc 173. Ferguson knocked out Kikuno via punch in the first round.
- At UFC 177 on August 30, 2014, Ferguson fought Danny Castillo and won the fight via split decision.
- Next on December 6, 2014, at UFC 181, Ferguson fought against Abel Trujillo. Ferguson submitted Trujillo via rear-naked choke.
- On February 28, 2015, Ferguson at UFC 184 fought Glesion Tibau. Ferguson submitted Tibau via rear-naked choke in the first round.
- On July 15, 2015, Ferguson fought Josh Thomson at the UFC Fight Night. Ferguson won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On December 11, 2015, Ferguson fought Edson Barboza and submitted him via D’Arce choke.
- Ferguson fought Lando Vannata on July 13, 2016, where he submitted Vannata via D’Arce choke in the second round.
- On November 5, 2016, Ferguson fought Rafael dos Anjos and won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On October 7, 2017, Ferguson fought Kevin Lee and submitted Lee via triangle choke in the third round.
- Ferguson fought Anthony Pettis on October 6, 2018, at UFC 229 and won the fight via technical knockout.
- On June 8, 2019, Ferguson fought Donald Cerrone and win the fight via technical knockout in the second round.
- Coming from 12 fight win streaks, Ferguson fought Justin Gaethje on May 9, 2020, for the interim UFC Lightweight Championship. Ferguson lost the fight via technical knockout.
- Ferguson vs. Oliveira was set for UFC 256 on December 12, 2020. Oliveira won the fight via unanimous decision.
- At UFC 262 on May 15, 2021, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, United States, Ferguson fought Beneil Dariush and won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On May 7, 2022, Ferguson fought Michael Chandler at UFC 274 and won the fight via knockout.
Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Chandler
On May 7, 2022, at UFC 274: Oliveira vs. Gaethje, Ferguson faced Michael Chandler in a Lightweight bout. Chandler knocked tony out via front kick.
Tony Ferguson vs. Beneil Dariush
This lightweight bout was set for UFC 262 on May 15, 2021, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, United States. This was an important fight for both fighters. The fight went to the judge’s scorecard and Ferguson lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Tony Ferguson vs. Charles Oliveira
This lightweight bout was set for UFC 256 on December 12, 2020. Oliveira won the fight via unanimous decision.
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
Ferguson faced Justin Gaethje on May 9, 2020, at UFC 249. This fight was for the interim UFC Lightweight Championship. Gaethje technically knocked Ferguson via punch in the fifth round.
Who is Tony Ferguson Wife?
Ferguson is married to his long love Cristina Servin. The pair tied the knots in 2012. They have a son named Armand Anthony and are expecting their next child soon.
Cristina Servin was born in August 1991. She attended California State University. Ferguson is grateful towards his wife and children.
Tony Ferguson Net Worth
Ferguson’s net worth is estimated to be $3-$5 million as of 2022. Ferguson earned $516,000 for his lightweight bout against Beneil Dariush at UFC 262. His highest earning from a fight at UFC came against Justin Gaethje in Lightweight Championship, which was $955,000. His base salary is around $400,000-$600,000. After bonuses and sponsorships, he earns about $700k – $1m a fight.
Ferguson makes the majority of his money not just from fighting in the Octagon, but also through lucrative sponsorship deals and advertisements.
Tony Ferguson Social Media
Twitter: 738.2k followers
Instagram: 2.5m followers