Colossal is a nickname given to him by Liverpool fans. Virgil van Dijk is a professional footballer from the Netherlands. He is the captain of the Netherlands national team and plays as a center-back for Premier League club Liverpool as of 2021.
Liverpool’s defender Van Dijk, regarded as one of the finest defenders in the world, is recognized for his power, leadership, and aerial skill.
The honours and accolades he has received during his career attest to his brilliance and hard work. He is the only defender to have won the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award. Similarly, he was stood runner for the Ballon d’Or and Best FIFA Men’s Player.
Building a career from the ground up to the pinnacle he has achieved is not easy. According to his own words, it needed a great deal of hard work, patience, consistency, and effort.
It is only natural for him to become one of the finest footballers in the world, given the amount of effort he has put in to guarantee his career is as successful as it is now.
Virgil Van Dijk; Biography
|Full Name||Virgil Van Dijk|
|Date of Birth||8-Jul-91|
|Birth Place||Breda, Netherlands|
|Father’s Name||Ron Van Dijk|
|Mother’s Name||Hellen Fo Sieeuw|
|Height||6 ft 4 inches or 194 cm|
|Weight||92 kg or 202 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Under Review|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Children||Jadi , Nila|
|Net Worth||$22 Million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
|Source of Wealth:||Football, Endorsements|
Van Dijk was born in Breda, the Netherlands, to Dutch father Ray Van Dyke and Surinamese mother Hellen Fo Sieeuw. Virgil was introduced to football at a young age. He used to play football anywhere he could find change as a kid.
On the kit, Van Dijk usually simply uses his first name. This is due to a family conflict with his father, Ron van Dijk, who abandoned his wife, Virgil, and his brothers while he was a toddler, according to his uncle Steven.
According to certain Chinese sources, Van Dijk has Chinese heritage; his mother, Hellen Fo Sieeuw, is of part-Chinese descent; the Chinese surname ‘Fo Sieeuw’ stems from the surname of his maternal great-grandfather, Chin Fo Sieeuw, who immigrated from Guangdong to Suriname about 1920.
Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Virgil Van Dijk was born on July 8, 1991. His birthplace is Breda, Netherlands, which is notable for the Breda Castle and the Stedelijk Museum. Moreover the nationality is Dutch, and he is of mixed ancestry.
His faith is Christian, and he was born under the sign of Cancer. He had a strong interest in football and began playing at a young age. There is no information available on his educational history, but it will be updated shortly.
Dijk is an extremely attractive player with a height of 6 feet 4 inches, or 194 cm. His physique is athletic, and he takes good care of himself. He weighs 92 kg (202 lbs) when balanced. He has a set of dark eyes and black hair. There is currently no information on his other physical measures, but this will be supplied shortly.
Virgil Van Dijk Net Worth
Virgil Van Dijk is predicted to be worth $22 million in 2021. Dijk is a highly successful player who has made a lot of money through his profession, which is his main source of income. He is paid £220,000 each week in Liverpool of 21-22 seasons. He is one of the world’s most expensive defenders, earning millions of dollars.
Van Dijk is the cover hero of EA Sports’ FIFA video game FIFA 20’s Champions Editions. He is endorsed by sportswear company Nike.
Football players are well-known for leading expensive and opulent lives as a result of their large incomes from their various club teams.
Van Dijk’s net fortune clearly permits him to enjoy this luxury. He owns a Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 63 AMG worth up to $250,000 and lives in an opulent Merseyside house.
Who is Virgil Van Dijk Wife ?
Virgil is married to Rike Nooitgedagt, his childhood sweetheart, and they have two kids. Nila, who was born in 2014, and Jadi, who was born in 2016. Rike Nooitgedagt and Virgil van Dijk, the lovebirds, are without a doubt the most adored pair in football.
After moving to Liverpool, Virgil van Dijk’s personal life has received a lot of attention. The media has been particularly interested in his marriage and his connection with his wife.
Rike prefers to keep her personal life secret, therefore nothing is known about her. She is not the kind to post about her life on social media. This has sparked the curiosity of her followers, who want to learn more about her.
Virgil Van Dijk Instagram
This footballer is quite active on social media. You may follow Virgil Van Dijk by clicking on the link below.
Instagram: 10.9m followers
Twitter: 2.6m followers
Style of play and Position
Van Dijk is a physically powerful, right-footed center-back who generally plays on the left side of central defense but can also play on the right. He has good speed, skill, and an eye for goal, and he is a great set-piece taker.
|Transfer Worth:||£75 million|
|Current Weekly Salary:||£220,000|
- He worked as a dishwasher in addition to playing at the Willem II School. He started his career as a right-back. Sadly, he was unable to play well in right back. He chose to be a central defender and play in the center once his height increased by about 18 cm. `
- Despite the positional move and Van Dijk’s physical improvement, Willem II’s reserve manager at the time, Edwin Hermans, though he had “too many limitations” to make the first squad. Former Dutch international Martin Koeman, who was working for FC Groningen at the time, scouted him in 2010, and he ended up signing a free transfer to the club the following year.
- Despite his initial problems at Groningen, where he began his professional football career owing to burnout, he eventually settled down and earned a starting place.
- With excellent defensive performances, he attracted the interest of big clubs around Europe within three years of playing for the club.
- In 2013, he was quickly signed by the Celtics for an unknown sum. He led the club to the Scottish Premiership title while there and was nominated to the PFA Scotland team of the season, which was dominated by Celtics players.
- In the summer of 2015, he was bought by Southampton for a fee in excess of £13 million. Virgil Van Dijk net worth became palpable at this point as a consequence of the remarkable rise in his income as a result of the transfer.
- Ronald Koeman, the then-Dutch manager, promptly promoted Van Dijk to the first team. His debut came in a goalless league match against West Brom.
- His first goal for the club came only two weeks after making his debut, a thunderous header via a set piece by James Ward Prowse against Swansea.
- A year later, after a series of strong performances, Van Dijk signed a fresh six-year contract extension that would keep him at the club until 2022.
- Van Dijk’s situation at the club improved further when he was chosen captain in January 2017 following the departure of Jose Fonte.
- Following the end of that season, he drew attention from a number of big teams around Europe, most notably Liverpool.
- During the summer of 2016-17, Van Dijk formally submitted a transfer request to Southampton authorities, indicating his desire to move on to a bigger club.
- He did, however, continue with the club for the 2017-18 season until December 13th, 2017, when he made his final appearance for the team.
- As a result, Liverpool sanctioned a £75 million trade for Van Dijk, setting a record fee for a defender at the time.
- Celtic would go on to collect a windfall of 10% of the transfer value as a result of a provision Celtic put in his contract before selling to Southampton. At this moment, Virgil Van Dijk’s net worth has skyrocketed.
- Van Dijk was quickly promoted to the first team, making his debut for Liverpool only four days after joining the club. He scored his debut goal, which helped Liverpool win the game, against Everton in the same game.
- His signing assisted Liverpool, one of the main teams in the world’s top football competitions, in bridging their leaky defenseman, as he formed a solid combination with Dejan Lovren. Van Dijk would subsequently assist the squad to the UEFA Champions League final, where they would face Real Madrid. Liverpool lost the game 1-3 against an attacking Real Madrid on the night.
Achievements in Liverpool
- Van Dijk ultimately broke his league goal drought the following season, netting his first league goal for the club in a crucial away win against Wolves.
- This first goal came on the heels of a couple of player of the month accolades for his strong defensive performances for the club. That December, he was also named league player of the month.
- In a league encounter against Watford, he scored his first brace for the club, which resulted in a 5-0 victory for the home team.
- His first Champions League goal and assist came against Bayern Munich, leading the team to a 3-1 victory against fellow European heavyweights.
- Van Dijk was named to the PFA Team of the Year as well as the PFA Players’ Player of the Year at the end of the season. In a match in which he was named man of the match, he helped the squad win the UEFA Champions League title against Tottenham.
- Because of his success in Europe, he finished second in the Best FIFA Men’s Player of the Year award, but he won the European Player of the Year title.
- Van Dijk capped off a fantastic year by winning the FIFA Club World Cup in the final against Flamengo.
Virgil Van Dijk Injury
On October 17, he was replaced in the sixth minute of the Merseyside derby due to a tackle from Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. The next day, it was revealed that he had sustained ACL damage in his right knee and would require surgery. Van Dijk underwent successful surgery on his injuries on October 30.
On July 29, 2021, Van Dijk made his first appearance in almost nine months, coming on as a second-half replacement in a pre-season friendly against Hertha BSC. Van Dijk signed a new four-year deal with the club on August 13, 2021, keeping him at the club until 2025.
Awards and Accolades
He has proven to be a stumbling barrier for goal-seeking strikers at the top level. His qualities and physical attributes make him the ideal model of a great defender, which most European attackers fear. Van Dijk has received a lot of accolades and honors while playing in the English Premier League for one of the most successful clubs in the world, Liverpool.
- Scottish Premiership: 2013–14, 2014–15
- Scottish League Cup: 2014–15
- Premier League: 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League: 2018–19;runner-up: 2017–18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2019
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2019
- UEFA Nations League runner-up: 2018–19
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2018–19
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2018–19
- PFA Team of the Year: 2018–19 Premier League, 2019–20 Premier League
- UEFA Defender of the Season: 2018–19
- PFA Player of the Month: November 2018
- UEFA Team of the Year
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2019 (2nd place)
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
- Liverpool Fans’ Player of the Season Award: 2018–19
- UEFA Nations League Finals Team of the Tournament: 2019
- Liverpool Players’ Player of the Season Award: 2018–19